Jackson Hole car rental rates

Feb 10th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Original Poster

Jackson Hole car rental rates

Hello all.

What's a good car rental rate for say a midsize in September? I'm getting wildly different rates on different sites.

Priceline is saying a 27.00/day rate is good to try (I'm bidding on line). I've been entering only as high as 21/day and haven't gotten a hit yet.

Also, which rentals are right at the airport as opposed to catching a shuttle to Jackson town?

Thanks.
Feb 10th, 2009, 09:41 AM

Hello travelinandgolfin

Last September, we rented a standard-sized sport utility vehicle thru Alamo (located in the terminal) for around $250/week, including all the taxes.

I think Hertz might also be in the terminal.

Cars are located right outside the terminal doors in the parking lot. No need to drive into Jackson.

Happy travels!
Feb 10th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Original Poster

Hi swiss.

Looks like prices are quite a bit higher right now, as I did a quick comparison on Hotwire, and the standard SUV for a week is about 340.00 a week (total).

I can only imagine what it must be directly through the rental car companies directly!

Feb 10th, 2009, 12:41 PM

Do you have a Costco card? I find their rates to be about the best I can find, and you can use the $20 off or so coupon for weekly rentals.

Also, if you have an Entertainment book, there are coupons in there for most of the rental companies.

Car rental rates fluctuate tremendously. For your Priceline or Hotwire booking, I think you are booking too far ahead. If I were you, I would book on the car rental or Costco, etc. website (something cancellable). Then when time gets nearer to your trip (say a week to a month), check back with Priceline or Hotwire to make your bid. It is too early now to bid.

Search this Thread