Jackson Hole Area

Jan 13th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Original Poster
Jackson Hole Area

My Family are planning a trip to Jackson Hole Area in Early June. I have booked some rooms at the Best Western but I would love to hear recommendations on Where to stay / Eat or Do we are only in Tetons 2 nites and one day. Then on to Yellowstone.
Jan 13th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Recommendation One: Stay longer in Grand Teton NP, less time in Yellowstone, GTNP is more scenic of the 2 parks.
#2: Stay at Signal Mountain Lodge http://www.signalmountainlodge.com/.It's right on Jackson Lake, views you will never forget.
#3: Get off the highway. Hike to Hidden Falls across Jenny Lake http://www.vacationidea.com/grand_te...and_teton.html. Depending upon your fitness and acclimatization to 6,000' altitude, you can either hike around the lake or take the boat across, shortening your hike considerably.
#4. Enjoy Yellowstone too. Again, get off the highway and hike a bit. The parks offer much more than you can see from your car.
Jan 13th, 2009, 02:41 PM
sorry, link got screwed up

Jan 14th, 2009, 08:49 PM
We went to Yellowstone/Grand Teton this past June and stayed in Jackson for 2 nights at the Trapper Inn and in GTNP at the Signal Mountain Lodge as already mentioned.

We really enjoyed the Trapper Inn. It was walking distance to the town square and many restaurants. We loved The Bunnery for breakfast and had a fabulous dinner at Burke's Chop House. For us it was also a break from the park hotels and provided a King bed and a TV and a huge bathroom.

We then spent 2 nights at Signal Mountain Lodge and I echo Jumbonav's recommendation of it. We booked the Snake River Float trip through them and really enjoyed it. Also, one note if you do the Jenny Lake hike. We got a bit of a late start in the afternoon and were planning to take the boat across the lake for the way back - but missed the last one. So be sure to check the schedule if you go.

Enjoy your trip to both GTNP and Yellowstone - we had a fabulous time.

Search this Thread