Just beginning to plan a week long vacation in Vermont during Oct 2011 and we would appreciate some itinerary ideas and specific lodging recommendations. Fly/drive from Burlington. Maybe a couple of pretty towns to base from and a final night near the airport.. Wife and I are in our 60s and would like to see the fall foliage, beautiful scenery, and nice small towns.
We do not like most B&Bs or jam packed big resorts and would prefer moderate to upscale modern lodging if they exist. Maybe an especially nice lodge? Or an in-town motel/hotel in a picturesque town. Realizing there will be lots of tourists there during this timeframe, we do enjoy getting away from the crowd on easy hikes and pretty drives. Observing wildlife a plus. That said, we enjoy nice towns with great shops and restaurants too. We would appreciate any comments and ideas. Thanks, Ross
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Is it safe to wear good jewelry in NYC?
- 2 Water Damage Port Jervis
- 3 chau rua chen
- 4 Everglades en route from Ft Myers to Miami doable?
- 5 10 Day California Vacation Advice
- 6 Please help - Hawaii itinerary - big island and Honolulu
- 7 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 8 Should we go to Orlando if not interested in Disney World?
- 9 4 days in San Diego
- 10 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 11 NY theater district restaurant
- 12 Family winter holiday
- 13 Trip to Cali
- 14 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 15 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 16 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 17 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 18 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)
- 19 Minneapolis to Mount Rushmore (worth it?)
- 20 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 21 Big Sur weather in early December
- 22 PAC coast highway Oregon
- 23 Lake Quinault Lodge
- 24 Our next summer trip
- 25 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
Itinerary, Lodging Recommendations for Week in Vermont Oct 2011