I am wondering if any experienced travelers might have some feedback about the itinerary I am planning for my family trip this summer to Oregon. The kids are 6, 9, and 19. We are making our way to Sun River Resort. My hope was to create a road trip that would weave together our main stop to Sun River, from July 21-29th, then include one or two days visiting Crater Lake.
Here's what I was thinking:
July 20th: Leave SF, stop one night in McCloud and stay at the McCloud River inn
July 21st: Drive to Sun River
July 29th: Leave Sun River, drive to Fort Klamath to stay at the Sun Pass Ranch for 2 nights to see Crater Lake (no availability at Crater Lake Lodge)
July 31st McCloud River Inn
Then SF bound, though we actually don't have to be home until August 2nd
I did consider Ashland, but I think that since there isn't a family performance during our dates the kids might not enjoy it as much as outdoor activities and scenery.
Any suggestions about itinerary, lodging, and sights along the way are very welcome!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip California
- 2 Drive from SC to CO
- 3 Family New York Trip
- 4 RV Grand Canyon
- 5 Spam meter
- 6 18 Yearolds In NOLA
- 7 LOS ANGELES TO RENO
- 8 Your favorite restaurants, etc., in Asheville NC
- 9 Saratoga Springs, NY
- 10 NASHVILLE AND MEMPHIS..A FEW QUESTIONS
- 11 we are thinking about moving to florida...husband is retiring from his job
- 12 Road trip from NYC to where ?
- 13 Yosemite lodging ideas
- 14 Where would you go in March?
- 15 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 16 Southern Oregon route
- 17 A Few days in Museums
- 18 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 19 Booze & books in NYC
- 20 5 day trip to Portland Maine in October
- 21 In panic, messed up car rental reservation
- 22 Lunch on the North Shore Kauai
- 23 Upscale, Child Friendly NYC Restaurant?
- 24 I need help
- 25 Morning Activity No Car Downtown Poughkeepsie
Itinerary and lodging from san Francisco to Sun River, and Crater Lake