Itinerary Advice - 4 days in Northern Utah

Old Jun 21st, 2007, 03:47 PM
Original Poster

Itinerary Advice - 4 days in Northern Utah

My husband and I will be in northern Utah July 1 through July 5. Suggestions regarding an itinerary would be appreciated! Also, where's the best place to catch the fireworks on July 4?
Old Jun 21st, 2007, 05:56 PM

I'd be happy to help give suggestions, but need a little more information. What type of things do you enjoy. Have you made hotel reservations yet? There are firework displays throughout the state. What type would you enjoy - at a local park, in a stadium with a concert, after a baseball game.
Old Jun 21st, 2007, 07:48 PM
Original Poster

We are flying in to SLC Sunday eve, July 1, and are flying out the morning of July 6. We have reservations for two nights at Johnsons Mill in Midway, but other than that, have no firm plans! Too many choices, so I thought some advice from folks who've been there or live there would be helpful.

My ideal setting for fireworks would be a local park.

Thanks!
Old Jun 21st, 2007, 08:30 PM

For 4th of July fireworks you would probably like Sugar House Park http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar_House_Park. For course it will be very crowded, so arrive early bring a blanket and maybe even snacks.

While in Midway, you aren't too far from Sundance a beautiful canyon and resort owned by Robert Redford. Park City is also nearby - shopping and checking out the galleries on main street is always fun, and they have some wonderful restaurants.
Old Jun 21st, 2007, 11:51 PM

Why are you going to be in Northern Utah for July 4th?
Old Jun 24th, 2007, 05:39 PM

We've done the 4th of July in Park City before. On the 4th, there is a breakfast in the park, a parade and other activities during the day. At night are fireworks in the ski resort parking lot that can be seen from all over and there is also a concert at 7:30 at Deer Valley put on by the Utah Symphony. Park City also has many condos, restaurants and a factory outlet for shopping. You may want to check out a ride on the Heber Railroad while you are in Midway. I also reccommend a visit to Sundance as it is beautiful up there and heard the restaurant is excellent. Utah is as good a place as any to celbrate the 4th of July.
Old Jun 29th, 2007, 07:32 AM

In the paper this morning is a small article (no times listed) on the fourth of July in Heber which is a town right next to Midway. There will be a parade, daytime activities and fireworks so you don't even need to drive that far to celebrate. I also reccommend a drive up the beautiful Mirror Lake Highway where you can sightsee in the car or go hiking. If you go to Sundance, continue on to Crystal Springs.
Old Jun 29th, 2007, 07:35 AM

You MUST visit Park City...it's about 40 minutes northeast of SLC. DH and I spent two nights there a few years ago on our way back from Jackson Hole, Wyoming...we absolutely loved it. Quaint restaurants and boutique-like shops.
Old Jun 30th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for all of the helpful advice!

We are going to try and get an earlier flight tomorrow (on standby). Busy packing now!

I'm so excited!

The reason we will be in Utah for the 4th - We are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and wanted to go someplace besides Hawaii, etc. It just happens that the 4th is around our anniversary...