Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   It takes a village to raise a child... (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/it-takes-a-village-to-raise-a-child-650878/)

FainaAgain Oct 4th, 2006 11:09 AM

It takes a village to raise a child...

and now we have OWJ3 and OWJ4 growing up in Fodorville!

As an accountant, I can help handling their financial needs.

Do they have lawyers already? JaGirl, are you willing to volunteer?

Kal and LoveItaly will make sure all their insurances are up-to-date.

OWJ, would you trust your girls' education to IMQ? I know you are a teacher yourself, but being a mother is difficult enough.

Mikemo, we need medical care!

iamq Oct 4th, 2006 11:14 AM

Thanks Faina!

OWJ, As a teacher, I'd be honored to educate your girls on the fine art of traveling light, but knowing which shoes to pack!

-Bill

JAGIRL Oct 4th, 2006 11:24 AM

Faina & iamq, :D

Now, of great importance : Who's gonna educate them on the intricacies of tipping pilots and valet parking attendants? :?

crefloors Oct 4th, 2006 12:49 PM

Or how to lubricate their pink leather pants so they don't squeek...smooch!!!!
By the way, such a blessing for you OWJ.

Meesthare Oct 4th, 2006 01:08 PM

Well, much as I'd like to help, I hope they don't need me - I'm a psychiatric nurse!
On the other hand, I'm teaching these days. Maybe I could explain a thing or two at some point. :)

Tiff Oct 4th, 2006 01:14 PM

I would like to provide inspirational guidance, lessons on how to be kind, and the ever important fine art of good sarcastic humor.

Welcome newest and brightest young Fodorites, Rachel & Lainey!
((L)) Auntie Tiff

JAGIRL Oct 4th, 2006 01:18 PM

meesthare.

They are the children of a wandering Jew.

They will have iamq as their teacher, Faina teaching them how to manage their accounts, me and several others giving them legal advice, muffin and crefloors teaching them how to grease their pink leather pants, Kal teaching them all kinds of stuff... :-o

...and you think they won't need a psychiatric nurse? :?

amwosu Oct 4th, 2006 01:35 PM

Just send them my way when they're ready to sell Girl Scout cookies. I'll take several boxes of Tagalongs from each of them.

Tiff Oct 4th, 2006 02:45 PM

I'm in for several hundred boxes of Thin Mints.

Scarlett Oct 4th, 2006 02:58 PM

I will teach the little girls to bake and while we are waiting for the cookies to come out of the oven, we will discuss the fine art of flirting and what to wear to the Prom ((L))

justanotherday Oct 4th, 2006 03:10 PM

I will teach the little girls how to garden. How to get muddy and enjoy every moment of it. How to pick the prettiest weeds in the yard. :)

And just as a gardener nurtures a seed, those who love these little girls will cultivate their individual strengths and embrace them. They, just like the flower, will flourish into the uniqueness that is their own. ((f)) ((f))

Fodorite018 Oct 4th, 2006 03:11 PM

I will teach the girls to knit and take them hiking. What an odd combo, lol!

Kal Oct 4th, 2006 03:17 PM

Pull Uncle Kal's finger!
Every village needs and idiot! 8-}

kopp Oct 4th, 2006 03:28 PM

I will teach them how to play the piano. ((8)) ((8)) ((8))

Oh, I can hear them now at their first recital -- the tap, tap, tapping of their delicate little fingers against the ivory keyboard, while OWJ & OWJ2 beam with pride at the musical talent of their daughters.

Of course, everyone will be invited. How soon should I book Carnegie Hall?

((L))

FainaAgain Oct 4th, 2006 03:28 PM

Kal, you can teach them a very important lesson: to drink red wine only as white wine is only a foreplay!

No, Kallie, you are not our ***village***idiot***

FainaAgain Oct 4th, 2006 03:29 PM

Oh, and JaGirl: thank you very much :))

sistahlou Oct 4th, 2006 03:32 PM

I will teach the girls how to humour an old man when he asks them for the hundredth time to pull his finger!

Kal Oct 4th, 2006 03:32 PM

F2,
Thx for the ***yummy*** compliment. O-)

I'm into 8 play now. 4play is only half as good.

I wonder if Fodor's will spring for some "baby Fodor pins" for OWJ3 & 4?

ElendilPickle Oct 4th, 2006 03:40 PM

Obviously I've missed a thread somewhere, but congratulations, OWJ!! I'm so excited for you and OWJ2!

mms, I think teaching knitting and hiking is a wonderful idea as long as you don't try to do both at once. :-D

Lee Ann

FainaAgain Oct 4th, 2006 03:44 PM

The "missing" thread is on the "Other Topics", here is the link:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34879428