Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Is there hope for Broadway tickets for May 29-June 2??? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/is-there-hope-for-broadway-tickets-for-may-29-june-2-a-221978/)

Kim May 17th, 2002 04:23 PM

Is there hope for Broadway tickets for May 29-June 2???

Just booked a trip to NYC with my 18 yr. old son May 29 - June 2. Staying at the W Times Square. <BR>Don't laugh, but am I crazy to think I can still snatch up some "hot" tickets??? I'm getting nervous how to get them this late. Is there any chance of getting any? While I'm hoping, I'd love to get tix for any of the "hot" live TV shows. Leno, SNL, etc. <BR>Would you suggest going through the hotel concierge or a ticket broker i.e. playbill, nytix, etc. I'm interested in Lion King, The Graduate, Blue Man Group, Noises Off, Producers. I'd be thrilled just to get 1 or 2 of these.<BR>Any advise would be appreciated.

Grasshopper May 17th, 2002 04:28 PM

Kim, Check out the half price ticket booth, TKTS, in Times Square for Day of Show tickets. We went Saturday and there were lots of shows available. Of your list, I know that Noises Off were available. Also, must have been 20 others or more. You need to pay with cash or traveller's check.

nyer May 17th, 2002 05:19 PM

Forget the TV shows. Leno is taped in California, SNL is probably done for the season but anyway tickets are given out by lottery in Augustfor the next year.<BR><BR>You should be able to get tickets for Graduate and Noises off with no problem, probably at the half price booth--they're not "hot tickets".NOne of these have current offers on Playbill.com (just got a mailing from them). For Producers and Lion King, yes check with the concierge because I think the only way to get tickets on such short notice otherwise would be cancellations at the box office, which is iffy anyway.

Ronnie May 17th, 2002 10:11 PM

We bought Orchestra tickets 8 days before our trip to NYC on ebay.com Sometimes you get lucky if someone has to cancel their vacation trip at the last minute. ebay.com ends up with lots of these type tickets from private individuals (not scalpers). We bought tickets to see the Producers 8 days before our trip and the show was sold out. You've probably already checked ebay but just in case, thought I'd suggest this. It sure worked out great for us! Ron

Jade May 17th, 2002 11:21 PM

Kim, go to www.playbill.com to find discounted tickets for B'way & Off B'way shows. Join their newsletter email list to get excellent deals on these prime tickets. You'll love New York City. We look forward to seeing you.

Sean May 18th, 2002 04:19 AM

I just got tickets for the Crucible 40% off - orchestra - via playbill

Kim May 19th, 2002 10:08 AM

What wonderful people and great information. I just love this forum site. Thank you.

T Jun 5th, 2002 05:26 AM

TOPPING

Johnlw Jun 5th, 2002 05:40 AM

I posted a thread yesterday on Broadway tickets appropirate for an 11 year old, and I ended up on Ticketmaster. <BR><BR>I found that available tickets for "The Producers" in July were either $240 or $480 each. Too steep for me. Lion King was more reasonable, but sold out on the date I wanted, but I got good seats for "42nd Street." <BR><BR>Ticketmaster is no discount house, but if you want anything for sure in advance, they will have it if it is available. You can ask about each show and they will tell you. Good luck.

OldNews Jun 5th, 2002 05:46 AM

John: Didn't you notice Kim came and went, her NYC trip was over on Monday.