Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Is ATA a good airline choice -Boston to Denver? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/is-ata-a-good-airline-choice-boston-to-denver-438126/)

Beethoven Jun 2nd, 2004 08:15 AM

Is ATA a good airline choice -Boston to Denver?

I've never heard of the carrier ATA--until they came up as the lowest priced and with most choices for an upcoming trip to Denver. What is the ATA reputation? Any personal experiences to share??

yale Jun 2nd, 2004 08:40 AM

We had a pretty horrible customer service experience when we flew this airline for my grandfather's funeral. I would not recommend them.

indytravel Jun 2nd, 2004 09:47 AM

I use them 2 or 3 times a year and never had problems.

They're usually ranked 10th in the nation for size so they aren't completely unknown. Their fleet is fairly young.

AAFrequentFlyer Jun 2nd, 2004 10:39 AM

Good airline, has been around for decades. It started out as a charter company in the midwest to fly the frozen masses to warm destinations, and since early 80's it became a regular scheduled airlne. It won't be the most comfortable flight as their seat pitch is tight, but other than that you are in good hands. You will most probably have to connect through Chicago.

Check-out their website for more info:

<b>www.ata.com</b>

Also look at <b>www.jetblue.com</b> as they fly non-stop from Denver to Boston, although I'm not sure how many flights a day they run on this route.

rkkwan Jun 2nd, 2004 11:26 AM

Jetblue flies BOS-DEN non-stop once a day. Late flight BOS-&gt;DEN, and red-eye back.

here_today_gone2Maui Jun 2nd, 2004 11:39 AM

I fly ATA between OGG, LAX and PIE regularly. I have never had any problems, the planes are newer and have plenty of room, they give you ice cream, and they have a great FF program-Fly 3 RTs and get a 4th onr free.

jacketwatch Jun 2nd, 2004 03:59 PM

We flew them from Chi to San Juan. Service was Ok but we were really packed in. We'll pass.

MinnieNo1 Jun 2nd, 2004 04:30 PM

We have used ATA for 2 trips to Maui and a couple trips to Las Vegas. Other than a few delays, there weren't any problems at all. I agree the seats are packed in, but if the price is right, I'll fly them again.

BostonJay Jun 9th, 2004 08:41 PM

I have to mention my ATA experiences....

A few years ago, I traveled every week for business and I always had to try and find the lowest fare.

The first time I used ATA, I showed up for my 8 a.m. flight to Texas (via Chicago) and they canceled it, but they very quickly put me on a direct flight with American Airlines.

A month later the same thing happened.

So the third time, I decided to purposely book ATA with the hope that they would cancel the flight again and put me on American ... and they did as expected.

3 times booked on 1 or 2 stop flights with ATA, 3 times had flight canceled and got put on a direct flight with American very quickly with friendly service.

ATA is the best and friendliest way to fly American Airlines, in my opinion. Now if only AA could be as friendly and accomodating when I book flights through them directly...