Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Is anyone interested in vintage jewelry in NYC? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/is-anyone-interested-in-vintage-jewelry-in-nyc-851716/)

emd3 Jul 27th, 2010 06:01 AM

Is anyone interested in vintage jewelry in NYC?

I have spent several trips to NYC in the last few yrs visiting almost every store that sells vintage jewelry. Many of those stores sell other vintage items, some only sell vintage jewelry.

I am considering doing a report here discussing and reviewing all of those stores. It will be some work, and since it is a special interest type report I'd like to see if there is any interest before I take the time to do it...

Any other vintage jewelry fans out there?

SusanCS Jul 27th, 2010 11:07 AM

You might have better luck on this in the Lounge

jenya Aug 17th, 2010 03:08 PM

Hello
I am crazy about vintage jewelry and I am going to visit NY (at the next week)
Could you, please, send me vintage shops and markets location?
I am so Happy I found your massage 
Thanks for advance
Jenya
Please mail to [email protected]

mclaurie Aug 17th, 2010 06:12 PM

I'd certainly be interested to hear what you found but am not actively in the market to acquire anything right now but rather to divest of some stuff!

emd3 Aug 18th, 2010 12:13 PM

Jenya, I just saw your post. I will email you a quick list of the places (many shops, some flea markets w/lots of vintage) and what neighborhoods they are in and some brief comments about each one (and I will let you know what I thought the "best places" are). For the forum, I will write up a longer version and post it in the next week or so, so watch for that mclaurie.

Jenya, what area are you staying in NYC, and how long do you have in NYC?

emd3 Aug 18th, 2010 12:17 PM

Jenya, are you coming to NYC from Russia? I see you have the mail.ru address, and I think that is the email service of Runet.

portiaperu Aug 18th, 2010 12:51 PM

Yes, my daughter and I are very interested in vintage jewelry. We'd be pleased to read your report.

AnnMarie_C Aug 18th, 2010 01:06 PM

Another fan of vintage jewelry and I hope to get back there this fall. I don't own much but am always on the look-out for something that speaks to me. What a great idea posting a report--Thank you, emd!

309pbg Aug 18th, 2010 01:17 PM

Hi emd3,
I would love to find some Miriam Haskell if you know of any shops in NYC that carry her things. Thanks for posting.
P

michelleNYC Aug 18th, 2010 01:29 PM

I am interested to see your list as well.

enjoyinglife Aug 18th, 2010 01:57 PM

I would be really intrested in that list. I appreciate you making the effort.

jenya Aug 19th, 2010 12:53 PM

I am so appreciate for your quick answer
This is my second trip to NY. We are going to stay in Manhattan for four days.
I know it is not too much, but I hope I would buy a few vintage items (following to your list of vintage shops :))
You are almost right, I am from Ukraine
We have a lot of American vintage lovers and communities, about vintage jewellery (I read a lot about it)
Thanks for advance

jenya Aug 19th, 2010 12:58 PM

I made such a huge smile accidentally :)

jenya Sep 7th, 2010 11:28 PM

hello again
could you send my any (even not full) information about vintage markets
cause I am going to arrive to NY tomorrow
thanks in advance
jenya

ruwithme Sep 8th, 2010 11:08 AM

Hi emd...are you interested in purchasing vintage jewelry? I love buying from estate auctions and recently purchased 2 sterling silver peices that I would consider selling...

BowenLinda Nov 8th, 2010 04:56 PM

emd3, I would love to receive your list of favourite vintage/antique jewellery stores in NYC. Visiting for a week mid-November. Thanks very much, Linda

Sara_Brandt Nov 19th, 2010 10:30 AM

If you like vintage jewelry check out Sara's Vintage & Handmade Jewelry at 65 E.4th St. in the East Village, also another location at 237 Centre St., Soho. Great one of a kind pieces at affordable prices.

mclaurie Nov 19th, 2010 12:48 PM

http://nymag.com/listings/stores/pip...ntage-jewelry/

anamarquex Dec 1st, 2010 02:21 PM

Hello emd3,

I'm visiting NY for the first time in January 2011.
Apart the normal touristy stuff, I also plan on shopping. Sales anyone? :)
Since I'm a huge fan of vintage fashion and jewellery, I would love to see your list/report.
Thank you in advance.

Ana x

PeaceOut Dec 1st, 2010 03:22 PM

Thank you. I would love to see the list posted, too.