My Lady Wife and I just spent a pleasant short visit to St Simons, GA (http://www.goldenisles.com/st-simons-island )
We stayed at the Ocean Inn and Suites (http://www.oceaninnsuites.com/ ) which we can recommend very highly.
Our suite, no. 304, was in the upper left corner of the building as you face it. Very large room with a king and a double, a couch, 2 desks, mini fridge, microwave, TV a sit-down balcony with 2 chairs, and the usual mod cons.
Lovely view of the lighthouse and the water, about 3 blks from the village - $150/nite with covered parking and bkfst. (To be honest, the bkfst is mediocre.)
We ate at Mullet Bay (http://mulletbayrestaurant.com/ ), which we describe as “Old Florida” – olde style beach resort. Food and service were both VG. Prices were reasonable. I thought the Fish Tacos were well worth the price.
We also had dinner at Halyards (http://www.halyardsrestaurant.com/ ). Don’t be put off by it’s being in a shopping center. It is very, very good. Far superior to most restos on the island.
The menu is limited, but as Spencer Tracy once said, “What there is is cherce”. Excellent fish and seafood. The squash ravioli with a sauce of duck confit was top notch.
Service was quiet, discreet and very good.
Driving home, we took the scenic way up Rte 17, where we came upon a convenience store with a sign that said “Local Honey Inside”.
I wanted to check out the local honey, but Roberta said that it wasn’t necessary.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 KYOCERA PRINTER 1800:681 :7208 installations CONTACTKYOCERA Techh care
- 2 DuoSlim Garcinia - Its Best Way To Get A Flat Tummy
- 3 B&B in Bar Harbor or Southwest Harbor?
- 4 Avila Ageless Serum: Reduces Lines And Wrinkles
- 5 Echo Garage Doors Company Albuquerque NM
- 6 Chasing Sargent in Nashville
- 7 Santa Barbara Hotel
- 8 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 9 Key Largo worth a day trip from Florida City/Miami area??
- 10 Everglades en route from Ft Myers to Miami doable?
- 11 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 12 Christmas getaway
- 13 Kiwi girls going from Houston - Nashville
- 14 NY theater district restaurant
- 15 Is it safe to wear good jewelry in NYC?
- 16 Upper Geyser Basin - Yellowstone National Par
- 17 Family winter holiday
- 18 Sjc Car Rental
- 19 Trip to Cali
- 20 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 21 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 22 10 Day California Vacation Advice
- 23 4 days in San Diego
- 24 Should we go to Orlando if not interested in Disney World?
- 25 Please help - Hawaii itinerary - big island and Honolulu