Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Internet cafes in Oahu and Big Island? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/internet-cafes-in-oahu-and-big-island-545981/)

beachgirl86 Jul 21st, 2005 05:41 PM

Internet cafes in Oahu and Big Island?

DH and I are spending 8 nights on Oahu (5 in Waikiki and 3 on the North Shore) and 5 nights on the Big Island on the Kohala Coast. I'm definitely going to need to check my e-mail a few times, can anyone recommend a good internet cafe on both islands? Thanks!

sceneisle Jul 21st, 2005 10:18 PM

We used Fishbowl Internet Cafe in the lobby of the Kuhio Village Hotel in Waikiki and I think there is also one in the Ala Moana Shopping Center.

ChristieP Jul 22nd, 2005 05:25 AM

Scandinavian Shaved Ice on Ali'i drive in downtown Kona has an internet cafe that we used. They also have very good shaved ice!

suze Jul 22nd, 2005 11:49 AM

What part of Waikiki will you be in?

Where Fort DeRussy Park ends at Waikiki beach there's a great internet cafe right tucked in behind the snack stand, near the public restrooms and tennis courts. It's on the beach side of the hotel that is between Outrigger Reef and the park.

Depending on your hotel this might or might not be convenient. I'm sure they are all over, this was just the closest one to my hotel on Beach Walk.

fdecarlo Jul 22nd, 2005 12:03 PM

beachgirl: Where in Kohala are you staying? Most of the resorts now have in-room internet/e-mail access.

beachgirl86 Jul 22nd, 2005 12:36 PM

Thanks for the replies...in Waikiki, we will be staying at the Outrigger Waikiki, and on the Kohala Coast we will be at Hapuna Prince.

fdecarlo Jul 22nd, 2005 01:20 PM

The HBP has in-room access. You'll find a keyboard next to the TV.

OldSouthernBelle Jul 23rd, 2005 08:08 PM

Have you checked to see if the place you'll be staying has a internet room? Everywhere we were did (I think Mana Kai did? but am sure the Maui Kai and HHV did!).

Belle.

OldSouthernBelle Jul 23rd, 2005 08:09 PM

Heck, even the Holiday Inn Express in B,ham (where we stayed the night before our flight to HA) did! Belle.

suze Jul 24th, 2005 09:01 AM

Internet Cafe & Beautiful Day Tours
2161 Kalia Road, Suite 110
located on the beachside of the Waikiki Shore hotel

It looks to be approx. 5 beachfront hotels away from where you're staying (away from Diamondhead direction, back toward Fort deRussy park)

tweekerz Jul 24th, 2005 07:29 PM

If you have a laptop, there is free wifi at the:

Kona Brewing Co in Kona, and
In the lounge at the Hilton Waikoloa Village (close to the Hapuna Prince)

Thanks

Matt

maya05 Aug 14th, 2005 09:42 PM

There's a small place called Cyber Bite Cafe at 1917 Kalakaua Avenue. They're the cheapest at $1.04 for 15 minutes or $4.16 for 1 hour. It's near the corner of Kalakaua and Ala Moana Blvd next to Subway.

pinnacle Aug 16th, 2005 04:48 AM

Aloha! I found the nicest intertnet cafe in the Kailua-Kona area was in the King Kam hotel. You can buy your time at the reception desk. They are connected to a cafe across the street that isn't very nice. I tried a few other cafes but I found they were all hot, with chairs that were the wrong height and no way of adjusting them, and you were sqaueezed in like sardines.

katolb90 Aug 16th, 2005 02:57 PM

In Waikiki, try the Sand Villa hotel on Kaiulani and Ala Wai. I would call it an internet 'bar'. Don't go to the one across from the Ohana East Hotel. (In the building that has stores on 3 different floors). The equipment looks older than I am.