Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Interesting places to stay on the Pacific coasts of Northern Claifornia and Oregon?

Interesting places to stay on the Pacific coasts of Northern Claifornia and Oregon?

Old Jun 7th, 2000, 08:44 AM
cartman

I am planning on driving the coast cited in the title and I see there are plenty of little towns on those coasts, however, does anyone have any recommendations for towns/places that are "must sees", quaint and associated adjectives-and do have hotels/motels, etc.? I'm also wanting to stay in places that are reasonably cheap if possible. Use your own definitions of "reasonably cheap". Thanks.

Old Jun 7th, 2000, 08:45 AM
meagain

and yes I did notice the spelling error as I posted my message so let's dispense with that please...

Old Jun 7th, 2000, 09:51 AM
Caitlin

Mendocino, on the CA coast. Quaint, pretty, beautiful scenery.

Old Jun 7th, 2000, 02:53 PM
Kam

Can't help with Oregon but a second vote for Mendocino. Also like Gualala, Point Arena, Albion and Eureka. In Gualala is the St. Orres Hotel where every room is priced differently. Five years ago prices were a little above and below $100 with breakfast. Fixed price dinner was $30 but inflation has hit.

Old Jun 8th, 2000, 01:39 AM
Dutch

In Oregon these towns are the nicest to stay in on the coast: Brookings, Bandon, Newport, Yachats, Cannon Beach

Old Jun 8th, 2000, 01:28 PM
cartmann

Thanx for all the tips everybody...

Old Jun 8th, 2000, 04:09 PM
Dr. C.

In Southern Ore. a must see is the beach at Bandon. You won't forget it!