Insider Tip - Boston Duck Tour Tickets

Aug 27th, 2000, 07:56 PM
Donna

Insider Tip - Boston Duck Tour Tickets

According to the official website, one must personally visit the ticket office at the Prudential Center to purchase tickets for same day tours. A "limited number" of tickets are available for two days ahead. Tickets cannot be purchased by phone (except for groups of 16 or more). My husband and I weekend in Boston several times a year, and we've gone to the ticket booth many times without success. This past weekend, we asked the concierge at our hotel (Le Meridien) for "insider tips". We were advised that we could easily book through him with 24 hours notice and a credit card. Voila! We indicated our desired time and the following morning picked up a faxed confirmation for the next day. Note that this is a fabulous tour! Especially the "water" portion with the magnificent views of the Boston skyline from the river.

Aug 28th, 2000, 03:03 PM
Pamela

does one get seasick on these things? Last time I was in Boston, my friend got on it but I deprived myself because I suffer from a vestibular disorder and was afraid I'd get dizzy. I noticed because it goes on the river, there isn't a current. Anyone have any thoughts. Would love to experience it this time. This year I hope it's the "face your fears" year for me.

Aug 28th, 2000, 03:17 PM
Donna

I have a vestibular problem as well - no effect on the Duck Tour. The vehicle "plunges" into the river, which is quite calm, more like a rowboat, as it moves quite slowly, but fast enough.

Search this Thread