Inns & B&B's in Williamsburg

Old Jun 17th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Inns & B&B's in Williamsburg

We plan to spend two nights in Williamburg in September and have some options on where to stay. The historic houses look interesting but photos of the individual rooms are not available. The Fife and Drum Inn looks appealing. Has anyone stayed there? We are open to suggestions but definitely want to be in the heart of things and will be driving so parking is an issue.
Old Jun 17th, 2008, 02:23 PM

By far, the best place to stay in Williamsburg is the historic Williamsburg Inn. It's one of the premiere hotels in the USA.

http://www.colonialwilliamsburg.com/...lliamsburginn/

Second choice is the Williamsburg Lodge.

http://www.colonialwilliamsburg.com/...iamsburgLodge/

Both are in "the heart of things," to say the least.

I travel to Williamsburg every year and would not consider any other option.

Enjoy!
Old Jun 17th, 2008, 02:38 PM

We stayed in one of the historic houses last fall and enjoyed it. Found the room to be comparable to the Lodge. Parking was at the door. I would definitely recommend you stay in the historic district rather than outside. The sound of hooves on the cobbles...............
Old Jun 18th, 2008, 06:28 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
There aren't any cobbles in Williamsburg but its a nice thought. The Fife & Drum is a cute little B&B. It is above some shops and restaurants on Prince George St. Parking should not be a problem. The Inn is nice but very pricey. What exactly do you want regarding lodging? Any requirements or desires?
Old Jun 18th, 2008, 06:28 PM

There aren't any cobblestones in Williamsburg but it's a nice thought. The Fife & Drum is a cute little B&B. It is above some shops and restaurants on Prince George St. Parking should not be a problem. The Inn is nice but very pricey. What exactly do you want regarding lodging? Any requirements or desires?
Old Jun 18th, 2008, 06:29 PM

dang it. Someday I will figure out how to edit without repeating my post. Sorry.
Old Jun 27th, 2008, 06:37 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. The Willimsburg Inn is very pricey with the least expensive room at $349 per night. Fife & Drum offers a room at $175 and it looks charming. OTOH there is the Applewood B&B which we can have for $135 and it is located near Wm & Mary. The Historic Houses run about $169 per night WO breakfast. We have not been to Williamsburg in many years so really looking forward to it. No problem with availability with any of these--must be a slow point before Labor Day.
Old Jun 27th, 2008, 06:50 AM

Fife and Drum is 1 st over from the Merchant's Square and the restored area...next door to Aroma's for lunch/dinner, shopping, restaurants, etc. Have never stayed there but seemed to get good reviews - ck on Trip Advisor. Applewood is probably 1/2 mile down Richmond Rd. across from W&M. Both are walkable but Fife & Drum just the most convenient...know both of the owners. Have to decide is $40/nt difference worth it. Economy is slowing down tourism, but come and enjoy Williamsburg.
Old Jul 28th, 2008, 06:54 PM

We really enjoyed a Williamsburg White House. http://awilliamsburgwhitehouse.com/
The owners are awesome and the b-fasts are excellent. It gets fantastic reviews on trip advisor. I can't recommend it highly enough. If we ever return to W-burg, we'll definitely stay there again.
Old Jul 28th, 2008, 07:07 PM

I'd opt for the Williamsburg Lodge- lovely