Inn at the Lake in Newport, WA?

Jan 5th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Original Poster

Inn at the Lake in Newport, WA?

Doing some research on the web for a special place to spend our anniversary the night before we fly out of Spokane airport, we came across Inn at the Lake in Newport.

We will have just spent 10 days in the Banff and Jasper area and we are looking for a special, relaxing and a bit pampering of a place to stay our last night on our anniversary that is not too far to get to the airport the next day.

Is this a nice place? Can't seem to find any restaurants in the Newport area for a nice dinner? Any suggestions would be great! Thanks.
Jan 11th, 2008, 09:44 AM

I don't know anything about Newport, WA, but the resort in Coeur d'Alene, ID, fits your description:

http://www.cdaresort.com
Jan 12th, 2008, 06:39 AM
Original Poster

happytrailstoyou: Yes, I looked into Coeur d'Alene but I am not sure why, but it didn't appeal to me. It seems so massive and so many room options. I just didn't get a good read of the resort or the area. From researching it I found it difficult tell if this is a real tourist destination and overly built up.

The Inn At The Lake in Newport looks quiet and lovely but as I said there is no dining there.
Jan 12th, 2008, 11:10 AM

Resorts of that type aren't for us either, but your search for "pampering" caused me to suggest it.

There may be no place to "dine" in Newport, but I'm sure you can find a place to eat: http://www.superpages.com/yellowpage...-WA/T-Newport/

Have you asked the B&B keepers where they suggest guests go for dinner?
Jan 12th, 2008, 11:45 AM
BKP

Here's a vote against the Coeur D'Alene. I'm sorry. We stayed there a few years back (probably 5) and really didn't enjoy it. We found the rooms and the restaurant to be very dated. It gave off a very old 80's vibe. The menu for the spa was extensive but we were so underwhelmed by the resort itself we chose not to try it out. The Inn's website looks nice, very cozy. It gave a link to Sandpoint, ID's website -- so it looks like some dining will be available. If you like the look of the inn send them an email and ask for recommendations. They would know better than anyone! Happy Travels!
Jan 12th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Original Poster

BKP:I did what you suggested. We left a voice mail a week ago and since I didn't hear back, I emailed them today for dining suggestions in Sandpoint.

Thanks for your thumbs down on Coeur D'Alene - it reinforces my thoughts on the resort although I read on Trip Advisor that there is a Holiday Inn that is ranked #1 in Coeur D'Alene. I would never think of a Holiday Inn being that nice.

What did you think of Coeur D'Alene in general, not the resort?

Jan 12th, 2008, 04:04 PM

Juldie~ check out the Davenport Hotel website.. Davenporthotel.com

It is downtown, and only twenty minutes from the airport. If you don't choose to dine there, Patsy Clarke's in another good choice for a special occasion dinner.

Happy Anniversary, J.
Jan 12th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Original Poster

Thanks jetset1 - I did check out The Davenport, having read about it on Fodors. They are booked - it turns out there is a Hoop Fest in Spokane that weekend.
Jan 12th, 2008, 06:41 PM

Juldie~ Cavanaugh's Inn at the Park might be an option.. recently renovated pool and adjacent to the park..
we used to have Easter Brunch there when we lived in the area, and Patsy Clarke's is about ten minutes away..

good luck, J.