Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Inn at Nesika Beach in Gold Beach Oregon (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/inn-at-nesika-beach-in-gold-beach-oregon-226500/)

Sylvie Fefer May 29th, 2002 07:06 PM

Inn at Nesika Beach in Gold Beach Oregon

Has anybody stayed at the Inn at Nesika Beach in Gold Beach Oregon who could tell me if it was nice and worth the money. It's a bit cheaper than the Tu Tu Tun lodge which I hear is great but VERY expensive!

Marion X May 30th, 2002 09:58 PM

We've stayed at Inn at Nesika Beach. It's very nice. Some rooms have Jacuzzi tubs in the room with great ocean views from the tub. The beach is nicer than the beach right in the town of Gold Beach. Few people on this beach.<BR>The one drawback to me for INB was the fact the place has a set breakfast time and you must eat then and at one big table for all guests (about 14 people or so) which IMO was boring as you get stuck with a bunch of strangers and have to listen you them talk at length about their business, health etc as the owner slowly serves her breakfast courses. Give me a B&B with private tables or a choice in eating times any day. BTW I thought you were traveling with a teenager from other posts from you......a B&B may not work well with 3 people in a room as many are not set up to accommodate more than a couple in each room.

Sylvie Fefer May 31st, 2002 07:51 AM

Yes I am travelling with a teenager. I contacted the Inn at Nesika Beach and they seemed to be accomodating about putting an extra rollaway bed in a room and having a teenager in their establishment. As I do my research, I am realizing that B&B's are more for couples but we wanted to splurge on at least one place on our trip from Vancouver BC to San Francisco and we are considering the Inn at Nesika Beach to be that place. I wanted feedback from this Fodor's board because personal experience can be more enlightening than a few lines in a guide book. You seem to know about the various lodgings in Oregon, which one would you choose to splurge at and stay a couple of nights? We were considering splurging near the Rogue River because we have to stay there 2 nights in order to fit in the jet boat trip.<BR><BR>Also, since we're on the topic of Oregon coast lodgings, I believe it is you who answered my post regarding the Yachats Inn, so I have a follow-up question: Can you tell me a bit more about it. Is it clean, is it nice, is it friendly -- would you stay there again?<BR>

Marion Jun 2nd, 2002 12:52 AM

As you state now here and also on another new post that you are going to Gold Beach mainly to take the jet boat trip, I then suggest you do stay at Tu Tu Tun since the jet boats I believe still stop there to get passangers so you will be right at a dock. And with a teen I think Tu Tu Tun would fit better than Inn at Neskia Beach with all its romantic couples in residence.<BR><BR>As for Yachats Inn, it's an older place, probably built in the 50s but seems quite clean. Nothing fancy but families like it. People seem friendly, but then it's Oregon so most everyone usually is quite friendly everywhere.<BR>