Info in/around Worcester, MA

Apr 10th, 2002, 02:57 AM
Sarah

Info in/around Worcester, MA

My partner wants us to visit some of his friends who live near Worcester this summer during a long trip to New England. They have invited us to stay with them but I have never met them and am considering just staying at a hotel nearby. Any suggestions? Just a clean, safe place will do.

I can't find a lot of info on this area aside from traveling to Boston or the Berkshires, are there any sights nearer than that?

We also are considering a move to the NE area (since we know people there and in NJ, NY), any neighborhoods we should check out while in MA? (I know not a relocation board, but any info would be useful on our trip!)

Thanks in advance!

Apr 10th, 2002, 03:02 AM
Sarah

Sorry, forgot to add that we are in our early 30s, no kids (although considering getting married and having kids, once we decide where we want to live!). Job prospects for us better in NE.

Thanks again!

Apr 10th, 2002, 04:15 AM
Ellen

One interesting museum in Worcester is the Higgins Armory Museum, which is an extensive and thoughtful collection amasssed by an eccentric wealthy local (my favorite kind of museum). They have stuff going back to Ancient Greece!

Also check out the local visitors bureau at www.worcester.org and Sturbridge Village, at www.osv.org

You will hear that housing prices are very high, but many of the small towns i the Worester area, and other more-rural parts of NE, are not bad.

Search this Thread