Search

inexpensive CLEAN motel in niagara falls, ny

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16th, 2005, 01:43 PM
ltt
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
inexpensive CLEAN motel in niagara falls, ny

i'm looking for an inexpensive motel either in niagara falls, ny or within an hour east of there, easy to find off the hwy (i'm driving in on I-90 from massachusettes). it will only be for one night and just need a clean, safe place to sleep. in niagara falls would be great but i would like to keep it to around $60. i've found several in that range (econo lodge or rodway inn on niagara falls blvd) but the reviews in tripadvisor are a little scary in regards to cleanliness. anybody have any suggestions? i know $60 isn't much and i can be a little flexible but it's at the end of an extensive trip so i know i won't have much money left. first time to that area. thanks for any advise you can give me.
Old Jun 27th, 2005, 04:38 PM
jil

We just returned from Niagara Falls and I'd have to say that I can't imagine anywhere NOT being safe. It just seems different once you cross the border. We always splurge and stay at one of the nicer hotels so I really can't help with an "informed" opinion of the cheaper hotels. Keep in mind that you'll only be there one night. There were several motels right on the parkway that we passed on the way to our hotel. You'd think that they have to at least be clean or they'd go out of business. My advice would be to find out their cancellation policy (or make sure you can cancel at the last minute), check out the room before you pay, and then make the decision to stay or keep looking. I know I'm not offering you much help but once you see the falls, it won't matter where you sleep. It will be one of the most awesome things you'll ever see!!
Hope you have a great trip.
Old Jun 27th, 2005, 04:43 PM
LN

Hi

We also had to find a place near the falls for one night so I checked online and got a $60 rate for the Comfort Inn that is right at the entrance to the Falls. t's almost next door to Goat Island. The place was clean, as well the beds comfortable so for $60 a night it was fine as we had to head to Syracuse the following morning. Give them a call or try their internet site.
Old Jun 28th, 2005, 07:53 AM

I think I would avoid any hotels along Niagara Falls Boulevard!!!
Old Jun 28th, 2005, 08:36 AM

Here's a nice place right in Niagra Falls starting at $69 Canadian.

http://www.niagarafallshotels.com/skyline/