Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Indoor Waterpark in Wisconsin Dells ? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/indoor-waterpark-in-wisconsin-dells-884126/)

Brendaann Mar 28th, 2011 01:08 PM

Indoor Waterpark in Wisconsin Dells ?

We will be taking our 14 year old granddaughter and a friend of hers to Wisconsin Dells in early June. Can we get ideas of fun waterparks/attached hotel at a reasonable price??? Any other ideas in the Dells for kids this age?

Thanks a lot.

SusanM Mar 28th, 2011 01:26 PM

We've been to just about all of them, except the Wilderness, which I hear is the best (it's definitely the largest). We prefer Kalahari and Great Wolf over the others we've been to. They're across the street from each other. If you sign up on their respective websites, you'll be emailed periodic specials.

I just noticed the date is early June. As I'm sure you know, the weather could be beautiful or horrible that time of year. A good option might be Mt. Olympus, which has smaller indoor facilities than Kalahari or Great Wolf, but very good outdoor facilities in case you get lucky with the weather. According to my 17 YO, it has the best wave pool in the Dells. It also has awesome go-cart tracks in case the sun is shining.

SusanM Mar 29th, 2011 05:04 AM

You should also plan to eat at Pizza Pub for at least one meal. It's the best pizza in the Dells, with a good salad bar too. It's on the main strip across from Noah's Ark.

Dukey1 Mar 29th, 2011 07:31 AM

IMO, what you should do is go to TripAdvisor and look at those reviews...to say they are "mixed" for some of the so-called "best" places is an understatement.

cgash23 Apr 14th, 2011 07:54 PM

We've been going to the Wilderness every year for about 5 or 6 years now. We typically rent a villa, and they're always clean. We had an issue one time after there had been lots of rain in the WI area. Mgmt quickly resolved the problem, and gave us a $400 credit for our next visit.

They have 4 or 5 waterparks, 2 indoor arcades, zip lines, and plenty of on-site dining. My son thinks this is the greatest place on Earth, but he's only 5.

If you sign up for specials on their website, you can get emails with discounts.

ZinniASmith Jun 7th, 2013 04:31 AM

When you visit for Wisconsin Dell city for vacation, the most common thing for enjoyment is the water parks. These water parks are a great idea of fun for all age groups from kids to old age person. Wisconsin’s water parks are famous all the over the world. For more info., www.edells.com will be helpfull to you

natjgc Dec 28th, 2014 09:58 AM

Would any of you recommend a great resort in the Dells for a family of 6 adults and 3 kids, 5 and under? natjgc

SusanM Dec 28th, 2014 02:44 PM

I think from your other thread you're going in the summer, right? In that case it has to be either Noah's Ark (better/scarier water slides) or Mt. Olympus (also has roller coasters & go carts, water rides not as exciting as Noah's Ark.) Both are associated with hotels that will give you discounted or free passes to the parks if your stay there - check the Noah's Ark & Mt. Olympus web sites.

Bitter Dec 29th, 2014 06:58 AM

We stayed at Wilderness last summer. Not cheap but we really enjoyed it. It has both indoor and outdoor water parks (multiple as noted above), and it caters to kids of all ages (there is an indoor park with what appeared to be low water/young kid attractions.

Two things I read about (but didn't experience first hand) regarding Mt. Olympus. A "Mt. Olympus" hotel may not really be onsite. Apparently they have bought other motels in the area and use them for their guests. Also, there are hotels that advertise "free" tickets to Mt. Olympus if you stay with them. Likely either they are marking up their cost to cover that expense, or they are not otherwise very attractive locations.

My comments may not be universally true, but I remember looking at one motel that offered free MO tickets and there was a reason it had to give away tickets (according to TA or some other source).

SusanM Dec 29th, 2014 07:12 AM

Agreed, some of the properties are better than others. If price isn't an issue, of course, they can stay anywhere they'd like and still visit either Noah's Ark or Mt. Olympus for their attractions.