Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Indianapolis in March - what to do, what to do!

Indianapolis in March - what to do, what to do!

Dec 14th, 1998, 02:10 PM
Ellen

Indianapolis in March - what to do, what to do!

Have to go to a wedding on a Saturday night at the end of March. Whatever to do with my days!? Speedway is closed I believe. thanks.

Dec 16th, 1998, 04:07 PM
Lynne

You didn't mention what you like to do, so here are 2 suggestions. The Indianapolis Motor Speedway Hall Of Fame Museum is open all year. If you have a car, Brown County and Nashville, IN are nice for a day trip. Nashville is a quaint little town full of shops and restaurants in the hills of Brown County, 1 hour south of Indy. Take I-65 south to SR 46 West to Nashville. Just outside of Nashville is Brown County State Park with a covered bridge, lodge, hiking trails and scenic views of the hills.

Dec 17th, 1998, 05:18 AM
Paul Rabe

A few years ago my wife and I decided to go on a spring break trip to a place we hadn't visited. We looked on the map, noted we had never been to Indiana, and decided to go to Indianapolis in March. Frankly, we didn't expect much, going only because we had never been there. When we left, we both agreed "That place was MUCH better than we would have ever guessed!" Suggestions: Motor Speedway Museum, Zoo, Art Museum, History Museum, Veterans Monument. You can drive to Bloomington and see one of the best collegiate art museums in the country, or to Columbus and see the most advanced architecture for municipal buildings in the world. If you have a couple more days to spare, go to either Parke County and see dozens of covered bridges, or to Fort Wayne and see a surprisingly good collection of museums.

Search this Thread