In Vegas for 5 Days...What to do?

Old Apr 5th, 2007, 07:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In Vegas for 5 Days...What to do?

Me and my friend will be in Vegas May 25-29th and I wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions on what we should do and see(besides the obvious). I also wanted to know if the Wet and Wild will be open this season also. I have always wanted to get on that Royal Flush ride...anyway all suggestions will be most appreciated.
Old Apr 5th, 2007, 07:26 AM

Hi Doodle. I just finished a trip report for Vegas. I'll top it for you.
Old Apr 5th, 2007, 07:34 AM

I'm not sure what is and is not obvious to you. Take a Hoover Dam tour or spend a half-day hiking the Red Rock Canyon to the west of town. Try shooting a machine gun at The Gun Store. Get your palms read. Taste your first deep-fried Twinkie.

Oh, and big-time developers are circling around the old Wet 'n Wild real estate hoping to buy it. I wouldn't expect it to reopen ever again.
Old Apr 5th, 2007, 12:45 PM

Jon Bon Jovi,May 26 at Mandalay Bay. Maybe that's just on my must do list.
Old Apr 5th, 2007, 03:12 PM

www.cheapovegas.com has great suggestions. So does www.vegas.com.
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 06:48 AM

We were there for 5 days. We were "Vegased out" by the end. We did go to Red Rock Canyon which was fantastic.
If you search on my screen name you'll see the report.
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 06:55 AM

sorry to say, but Wet & Wild has been closed for about three years now and the demolition crews are busy getting rid of the evidence that it ever existed at all. I don't know if you've already booked your hotel, but make sure you stay at one with a good pool - it should be hot that weekend.

Without knowing your budget or what your interests are, it's a little tough to try and give advice. I will offer a couple of suggestions, though. If you have a rental car you might want to drive up to Mt Charleston - it's beautiful (and LOTS cooler) up there and there are two restaurants to have lunch (or dinner) - one at the Hotel and one at the Lodge - I prefer the Lodge because of the awesome views.

There's a great show at the Flamingo, it's more reasonably priced than most on the Strip - it is at 3 in the afternoon every day except Mon & Tues - the Society of Seven. They are multi-talented from Hawaii and put on a very entertaining show. It's about $55 per person.

Whatever you do - have a good time and remember NEVER to play MegaBucks (or any other slot with a big progressive jackpot) unless it's "fully loaded." That means put in the "max bet" - if not, and you hit "the big one" you will be sadly disappointed when your jackpot totals a mere fraction of what it would have been had you played it loaded. Just my usual advice to visitors - many folks live to regret putting one dollar (or two) in MegaBucks because it does actually hit on the jackpot frequently but rarely pays off the multi-million prize because it's not loaded. Whatever you do - have fun.