In San Diego - Must have In-N-Out

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3rd, 2012, 05:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be staying at the Omni near Petco Stadium. I will not have access to a car, and wonder if I can use the trolley to get myself to an In-N-Out. I see an In-N-Out on Sports Arena, and one in National City. I'll kick myself if I'm there for three days and can't satisfy my In-N-Out urge. Any assistance would be appreciated!
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 10:15 AM

As a former California resident who now lives on the East Coast, I ALWAYS check where the nearest In & out Burger shops when I return to Southern California. I've developed a close relationship with
http://www.innout.com/locations.asp

The nearest one to downtown San Diego is just south and west of Old Town -- which is, as you note, next to the Sports Arena. You could, in theory, ride the trolley out to Old Town, walk underneath I-5 where Taylor Street becomes Rosecrans Street, continue on the latter, and then turn right on Sports Arena Blvd.

Anyone who says, "That's a lot of trouble just for a hamburger" has clearly never tasted an In & Out burger!
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 10:34 AM

I have eaten In-N-Out burgers on several occasions and I am willing to say "That's a lot of trouble just for a hamburger". But that's just me.
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 03:40 PM

Can't say I disagree with dbdurand. And I've eaten them on Many occasions, not usually of my choosing.
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 05:49 PM

Sports arena and National City look easy to get to by trolley, though there is less walking to get to the National City one. (I don't think riding the trolley and walking is a lot of trouble btw.)
Old Feb 5th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Original Poster

I've ridden the trolley, and I can walk, so neither option sounds like too much trouble to me. Might visit the National City In-N-Out if only because I used to live there (thanks, US Navy!. I appreciate the responses.
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 04:24 AM

Sports arena one is in a very busy area - walking there is not the easiest thing to do. I never spent any time in National City so I cannot speak to that location.