Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Impromtu Portland, Oregon Get Together! (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/impromtu-portland-oregon-get-together-655380/)

eurotraveller Oct 26th, 2006 08:23 PM

Impromtu Portland, Oregon Get Together!

Hey all of you Portland Dwellers!

I will be meeting with several other people tomorrow, Oct. 27th, starting at 5:30 at the Lucky Lab on 19th and Quimby in NW Portland.

I thought this might be a good opportunity to meet other Fodorites!

Let me know if you are interested in meeting us!

Thanks!

Tamara

eurotraveller Oct 26th, 2006 10:34 PM

ttt

Andrew Oct 26th, 2006 10:44 PM

Thanks for the invitation. I'll try to pop in. Will you have some way to identify yourselves at the Lucky Lab?

Andrew

Fodorite018 Oct 27th, 2006 04:36 AM

Sounds like fun! I wish I could make it...but I have a sick child today (have for the last 3 days) so am not going anywhere except maybe the doctor:( Have a drink for me, ok?

Scarlett left for Buenos Aries this morning, so she won't be there either.

eurotraveller Oct 27th, 2006 06:30 AM

Hey Andrew! I hope you can stop in! You can find some photos of me here:

www.windjammer.smugmug.com

I have short blond hair, blue/green eyes and I am about 5'6", medium build. Picture the little boy on the Dutch Boy paint can as a girl; that's me but as a lady! I am 41 yrs. old.

I will most likely be sitting next to or across from a very pretty blond lady and we are both most certain to have big smiles and be laughing a lot.

There will be several other people at our table surrounded by pitchers of beer!

Describe yourself so I can keep an eye out for you.

mms, sorry your child is sick. :-(

Scarlett, lte's see... Buenos Aires... Portland... Buenos Aires... Portland...

I think you mad the right choice although you are going to miss a couple of beautiful fall days here in Portland!

I am off to SE Asia just in time for the rain to start on Sunday!

Cheers!

beachbum Oct 27th, 2006 07:02 AM

Shoot! I'd like to make it, but agreed to shuttle my daughter and friend to the Tigard vs. Tualatin football game. Who all's going to be there, eurotraveller? Any other forum regulars?

Fodorite018 Oct 27th, 2006 07:17 AM

Beachbum--LOL! I too will be shuttling kids (not the sick one)later, but to the Sherwood vs Wilsonville game.

eurotraveller Oct 27th, 2006 08:01 AM

You would think I already had a few beers with my typos in my last post! Jeez, wouldn't it be nice if we could edit our posts?!

So far it looks like only Andrew and he is a maybe.

I have a few fellow travellers joining us from www.couchsurfers.com along with several of my friends.

The more the merrier!

I will arrive at about 5:30 and I would guess that I will be there until 9ish? I have several friends who won't be arriving until 7ish.

Andrew Oct 27th, 2006 01:03 PM

ttt

Andrew Oct 28th, 2006 01:24 PM

Well, I got to meet Tamara at the Lucky Lab Friday - the first time I've ever met anyone from Fodor's, actually. I think I was the only one from Fodor's to attend; she had a bunch of friends from a different group there. It was fun and I hope she does it again (with a bit more notice so others from here can make it) when she gets back from SE Asia.

Andrew

eurotraveller Oct 28th, 2006 03:05 PM

Hi Andrew! Sorry we didn't get to chat more. With so many people there I tried to chat with everyone.

I think we should definitely have a Portland get together when I return in 5 weeks!

It was great meeting you!

Cheers!

lcuy Oct 28th, 2006 03:58 PM

Well, I'm going to be there Nov 27 to 30! Possibly even a few more days...

beachbum Oct 28th, 2006 04:07 PM

Sounds like the makings of a good time! Tamara back from SE Asia, Scarlett back from Argentina, Icuy here from The Rock, mms planning a trip to a Shuttle launch.....

Something's wrong with this picture, Andrew. :-? Does Bandon count? ;-)

Fodorite018 Oct 28th, 2006 07:04 PM

I'm game! We will be gone from Dec. 5th til the 13th though.

eurotraveller Oct 28th, 2006 08:20 PM

Well, let's find a date that will work for everyone!

I will propose December 19th. That will be very close to Christmas but maybe people will be out and about doing xmas shopping anyway?

That is also Tightwad Tuesday at the Lucky Lab in NW so beer is on special. I am sure we can all appreciate an inexpensive meal and beers after our big trips and before xmas.

Would that work for everyone?

Merseyheart Oct 28th, 2006 10:07 PM

Rats, it won't work for me. I have a holiday gathering that evening. Maybe another time, though....

Fodorite018 Oct 29th, 2006 04:38 AM

That works for me, as far as I know.