It looks like I would perhaps need to spend a day/night in Jacksonville as part of a trip to Saint Augustine. I know a lot of Florida is difficult for those without their own wheels. And I realize Jacksonville is particularly huge in geographical area and a car is highly recommended. However, since I don't drive, renting a car would not be an option.
SO, if you had to pick a hotel in one area of the city for a night, as it looks like I might need to, where would you choose? I'm certainly not expecting to "see it all" and am aware that likely many highlights of the region will be inaccessible to me as a result. I'm curious if there is an area of the city that you'd most recommend to someone without wheels, with better than most access to public transportation or an area with a modest density of places to eat within reasonable walking distance. A touch of history, access to some interesting sites, a touch of charm and a healthy, tasty, affordable restaurant would be a plus.
It looks from a map like much activity is clustered between areas labelled "Brooklyn", "Downtown" and "Everbank Field" at the point where the St. John's River does a serpent-like loop. I notice there's Skyway and a Riverside Trolley, so I thought this might be a good area to aim for?
Best wishes, Daniel
PS Have you found taxis reliable in the city? PPS If you were curious, my plan is to get to Saint Augustine via Greyhound.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 HP printer I~800~681:7208 installations contact HP Tec*h supp0rt 24/7 vs
- 2 CHARTER 1800:681:7208 password reset contact Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 3 Yellowstone, Cheyenne (rodeo), Mt Rushmore- Can we do it??
- 4 Yosemite to San Francisco?
- 5 Bend Testing New England
- 6 Best octopus restaurant in NYC ?
- 7 Alaska Travel: Tips for finding fresh seafood
- 8 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 9 Best Employee Hours Tracker Software at Nominal Cost
- 10 Advice on Gateway2Morocco
- 11 I need help
- 12 H street corridor restaurant - Christmas Eve
- 13 10 day California Trip in July
- 14 Travel Shenanigans
- 15 Upscale, Child Friendly NYC Restaurant?
- 16 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 17 Alaska July 3 - July 16 Itinerary help
- 18 Newport Beach restaurants
- 19 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 20 4 days in Miami
- 21 Kauai Help! Sheraton Kauai or Westin Princeville
- 22 Christmas Eve near Ashville
- 23 Vintage Subway Cars in operation for the 2017 Holoday Season
- 24 A Few days in Museums
- 25 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
If you HAD TO stay in Jacksonville, FL without a car for a day