...a few hints.
They are open Tuesday to Friday and open at 11 am.
The line starts forming early.We arrive right around 11 am and have about a 15 - 20 minute wait to get inside to order. When we waddle out an hour or so later the line can be 50 people long. This is usually on a Friday.
There is limited seating inside. Much of their business is take away. Two long tables that seat about 10 to 12 each are crammed into the back of the room. We've always found a place to sit amongst the others at the tables. There is a table in a back room that is a better place...sort out of the fray. Everyone ends up talking to each other and comparing what they ordered and offering tastes, etc. It is fun. This time a woman offered me some of her Cotto for a taste of the Porchetta!
The Montepulciano wine on the tables is VERY good. $4.50 a glass. Refills are on the honor system and you pay for them as you leave.
If you are in a party of two or more, SKIP the sandwiches (except maybe for the porchetta) and order the Salumi Platter with cheese and olives ($14.00) and the warm meat platter ($14.00). Both of these offer the best tastes of what they make. The warm meat platter has two to three huge meat balls, a generous portion of their succulent porchetta, three or four slices of a boiled sausage (cotechino?) and slices of braised lamb. It is all delicious. The Salumi Platter is piled high with a selection of most of their salamis and comes with a nice blue cheese, some mozzarella and a hard cheese I cannot name along with some olives.This time we also ordered a plate of freshly sliced culatello, a cured meat native to Parma. It was very good! Sliced french bread is abundant and useful for sopping up all those gorgeous juices left behind. We three hungry diners finished off everything, but we were stuffed.
Plan for a light dinner of perhaps a salad after a lunch like this or plan for a late dinner after you've recovered!
Highly recommended for a fun lunch in a truly unique place.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Aol Mail& Setup 1: 855: 843 :8475 Aol Password Reset Btech 24/7 baba
- 2 Morning Activity No Car Downtown Poughkeepsie
- 3 10 day California Trip in July
- 4 I need help
- 5 RV Grand Canyon
- 6 In panic, messed up car rental reservation
- 7 Halekulani Hotel-Waikiki -anyone stayed there
- 8 New York in 5 days
- 9 Newport Beach restaurants
- 10 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 11 Please help w/ 7 day itinerary for Vegas & Arizona
- 12 Christmas Eve in Los Angeles
- 13 Expedia
- 14 Italian Provisions
- 15 Family Trip July 2018 Idaho to GNP
- 16 girls trip / oregon
- 17 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 18 Need Help BAD! San Fran, Yosemite, Castiloga-Where else?
- 19 Vacations in New Orleans
- 20 4 days in Miami
- 21 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 22 Ideas for 16th Birthday New York
- 23 Las Vegas TR
- 24 Moving from philly suburbs to St. Petersburg Florida area
- 25 Yosemite lodging ideas
If You Go To Salumi in Seattle...Our annual visit.
...a few hints.