Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

If you could take a wek vacation anywhere in the world where would it be?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11th, 2000, 05:26 PM
Claire

If you won a free vacation to anywhere in the world for 1 week where would you choose to go?

Old Jul 12th, 2000, 07:59 AM
kal

Antarctica or Barrow, Alaska.

Or, only for a week, as far away from people as possible. ;^)
Kal

Old Jul 12th, 2000, 08:02 AM
Bob Brown

When you put the free stipulation on it, then the scene changes. I think I would vote for London. I am a classical music "freak" and London has enough opera and orchestra performances that I would be in "hog heaven". And if you pay enough, the food is good, too.

If I have to pay for it, then the tune changes, again.

Old Jul 12th, 2000, 08:10 AM
lisa

The island of Bora Bora, in one of those deluxe overwater bungalows where you can peer down at the tropical fish swimming around and they bring you your breakfast in an outrigger canoe.

Old Jul 12th, 2000, 08:46 AM
John

A safari in Madagascar. The diversity of wildlife there is supposed to be incredible.

Old Jul 12th, 2000, 09:12 AM
NadeneCros

Someplace exotic, friendly, uncrowded, affordable, clean, safe, with beautiful beaches, cool white sand, a huge free shaped pool with warm water, bike trails, caves to explore, maybe some forts or ruins something like that, with excellent evening entertainment, that you can bring the whole family to.

Please, oh please tell me where this place is!! (probably Fantasy Island?)

Old Jul 12th, 2000, 10:06 AM
Lori

Anywhere in France...............

Old Jul 12th, 2000, 11:49 AM
kalena

Nepal.

Old Jul 12th, 2000, 01:11 PM
BJ

Can't I name two?
1. Paris
2. Africa Safari
Been there, done that, and would do a re-run in a heartbeat.

Old Jul 12th, 2000, 03:53 PM
sandi

Well, I would certainly go where the "weks" are, if you are, indeed one. I understand that a "wek" vacation is definitely different than a "mole" citing....this is "tongue in cheek", but please spell more carefully, or you will get trashed, as I was for mispelling "mispell." The creeps out there are just waiting to jump on you.

Old Jul 12th, 2000, 03:58 PM
Droll Katz

Bangkok

Old Jul 12th, 2000, 06:37 PM
DrWebster

Sandi:
You just committed the unpardonable sin.
While poking fun at yourself for your spelling error, you incorrectly spelled "misspelling" (which is the correct spelling). I realize you put "mispell" in quotes, but misspelling needs 2 "esses".
Unless that's the wek spelling. I know they're miserly little critters, even with their letters.

Old Jul 12th, 2000, 09:34 PM
NadeneCros

I was wondering who would be the first to make a remark about the misspelled word "week".

Sandi, I think it was really obvious what Claire meant. You really could have spared us the negativism. Why try to spoil an interesting, amusing, thoughtful thread?

Old Jul 12th, 2000, 09:38 PM
NadeneCros

I was wondering who would be the first to make a comment regarding the misspelled word.
Sandi, I think its quite obvious what Claire meant. I really don't think you needed to interject your negativism into this interesting, thoughtful thread.

Old Jul 13th, 2000, 08:22 AM
George

Sandi-The only one who has jumped on the spelling error in this thread is you! Frankly, I did not even notice it until you pointed it out! Please stop being the forum police! You are not winning any points here!

As for where I would go-The Great Wall of China.

Old Jul 13th, 2000, 08:17 PM
Claire

I am sorry that I misspelled a word, I did not think that it would amount to that much! I will watch my spelling from now on!

Old Jul 13th, 2000, 08:33 PM
ginger

Where eles HAWAII heaven on earth!!!

Old Jul 14th, 2000, 08:37 PM
elvira

Tibet or Okinawa

Old Jul 15th, 2000, 12:00 PM
Samantha

Australia - oh and can Patrick Rafter be my personal tour guide, as well?! ;-)

Old Jul 15th, 2000, 05:00 PM
Ann

I have two dream destinations:
1. The French Riviera
2. An over the water bungalow in Tahiti
BTW, Sandi, GET A LIFE!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -