If you are going to be in Honolulu Sept 18 or 19--Katrina fundraisers happening

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you've been looking for a way to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina, here are two events coming up. Hope to see you there!

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 18
Kapono’s will be hosting a concert to benefit the Red Cross in its Hurricane Katrina relief efforts. The event will start at 3 p.m. and last till at least midnight. Tickets are $30 per person (ages 3 and under are free), available through Ticketmaster and Kapono’s.

The entertainment lineup will showcase the best of island entertainment, including C&K, Kalapana, Kealii Reichel, Amy Hanaiali’i Gilliom, Willy K, Hapa, Fiji, Inoa’Ole, Tony from Da Braddahs, Harold Kama Jr., Opihi Pickers, Ooklah the Moc, and BET.

From 4-6 p.m., the concert will be broadcast live on all four television stations. There will be a phone bank that people can call during this time to make monetary pledges.

Please note that the event is “all ages” until 9 p.m. After 9 p.m., attendees must be 21 and over.
For more information, call (808) 536-2161 ext 103.

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 19
Some of the best local chefs on Oahu have joined forces to raise funds for victims of Hurricane Katrina. "Chefs for Hope" takes place from 6 to 9 p.m. at Aloha Tower Marketplace.

All tickets are presale at $150 per person and can be purchased at Chai’s Island Bistro. Corporate tables are available for $5,000 and $10,000, which includes catered hand service by three of Hawaii’s top chefs. Proceeds will go to the Salvation Army Katrina Relief Fund. (Please note that no tickets will be sold on the day of the event.)

Participating chefs include Chai Chaowasaree of Chai's Island Bistro, Russell Siu of 3660 on the Rise, D.K. Kodama of the Sansei restaurants, George Mavrothalassitis of Mavro’s, Alan Wong of Alan Wong's restaurants, Hiroshi Fukui of Hiroshi Eurasion Tapas, Doug Lum of Mariposa, Colin Nishida of Side Street Inn and Guillume Burlion of Diamond Head Grill. Live entertainment will include Na Leo Pilimehana, Jake Shimabukuro, and C&K.

Call (808) 585-0011 for tickets or more information.

For information on these and other special events, you can go to http://www.alohatower.com/specialevents.html
Old Sep 9th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Kal

Excellent....

Then loco mocos at PPC's place? :-?
Old Sep 9th, 2005, 01:57 PM
Original Poster

I'm gonna be too full for a loco moco!
Old Sep 10th, 2005, 12:39 AM

Darn! I don't get home to Honolulu till late on the 19th. Can you make me a doggy bag, Melissa?

To any others who may be in Honolulu on these dates- these are the best of the best Hawaii musicians and chefs. It would be a great way to contribute and experience a wonderful local event at the same time.

Old Sep 10th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Original Poster

oh, shucks! I was hoping to see you there, lcuy. Trusting me with a doggie bag from THIS kind of event is like trusting a bear to guard the honey!
Old Sep 10th, 2005, 05:58 PM

Helissa H: Oh, Shucks!...Shucks!...I thought that was supposed to be MY response!

Belle
Old Sep 10th, 2005, 06:00 PM

MelissaHI: By the way, how's the Bro.? Haven't seen much from him lately?

Belle
Old Sep 10th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Original Poster

Hi OSB! Actually, in recent months PPC has gotten a lot of press and I think the popularity of his tours skyrocketed. He's added another day on to his tours, plus has private tours on the side.