First Visit to Hawaii

Old Mar 27th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Visit to Hawaii

We are a party of three. My DH,our 17year old son and myself have some interest in Hawaii. Where should we go if we have about 10-14 days to spend? We are coming from the LA area.
Old Mar 27th, 2012, 05:19 PM

There are a number of other posts in here that should also provide a lot of good info.

For your first time - I would recommend stopping in Honolulu - and spending a few days there - being sure to snorkel at Hanamau Bay - http://www.hawaiiweb.com/hanauma-bay...-preserve.html and drive around the island, seeing the fabled Pipeline on the North Shore. Here's some pics of Lumahai Beach - featured in the 1958 musicial/WWII love story - South Pacific, where Mitzi Gaynor at the "Nurses' Beach" - washes that man right out of her hair. http://tinyurl.com/77pv2gz

From there - take your pick of which of the outer islands you want to see. We love them all - but our favorite is the scenic North Shore of Kauai - the Garden Island.

We also love the Big Island and the Volcano is not to be missed - probably the easiest Volcano to get to in the World. http://www.nps.gov/havo/index.htm And then maybe spend time at the sunny Kona side - also trying to drive around the island.

Yet, many also love Maui (as we do) and while they all have great beaches, Maui claims to have more of them, plus the drive to Hana (600 curves in beautiful Rain Forest) is a trip to another world.

You really can't go wrong your first time - no matter what you choose.

Aloha. (which also means goodbye.)
Old Mar 27th, 2012, 05:21 PM

Oops. Posted it wrong - and the Lumahai Beach part is supposed to be under Kauai - up at Princeville/Hanalei. http://www.princeville.com/
Old Mar 27th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Original Poster

Thanks

We are also looking to do things other than sit on the beach.DS wants to see a volcano.

Melissa
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 03:37 AM

Islands of Kauai, Maui, Big Island and the Volcano there is not to be missed. Since you are going there for the first time so there are lot of options and you can't go wrong!
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 03:41 AM

We LOVE the Big Island only place to see an active volcano.For us princeresortshawaii.com konaweb.com direct flights LAX to Kona to Hapuna Prince hotel flight car under $1kpp for us for 1 week a good deal. alternative-hawaii.com stayhawaii.com other
good options.

Happy Planning!
Old Apr 1st, 2012, 02:29 PM

Hapuna Beach voted best beach in Hawaii and it truly is. So long, who white, so great. Just came back from BI where we spent our 30th Anniversary at the Mauna Kea - another great beach and hotel Such varied landscape on the BI. black volcanic rock, green rolling hills, black sand beaches, white sand beaches, funky towns. Luv it more and more each time we go....I'm dying here. I have to go back !