I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 2 10 day California Trip in July
- 3 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 4 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 5 I need help
- 6 18 Yearolds In NOLA
- 7 Yosemite to San Francisco?
- 8 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 9 Christmas Eve in Los Angeles
- 10 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 11 Travel Shenanigans
- 12 A Few days in Museums
- 13 Mammoth Lakes in summer
- 14 Yellowstone, Cheyenne (rodeo), Mt Rushmore- Can we do it??
- 15 Newport Beach restaurants
- 16 Road trip from NYC to where ?
- 17 Kauai Help! Sheraton Kauai or Westin Princeville
- 18 Moving from philly suburbs to St. Petersburg Florida area
- 19 Upscale, Child Friendly NYC Restaurant?
- 20 4 days in Miami
- 21 travelling from Miami to New York
- 22 H street corridor restaurant - Christmas Eve
- 23 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 24 Alaska July 3 - July 16 Itinerary help
- 25 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?