Idaho, Northbound-from Twin Falls to Canada

Jul 17th, 2003, 04:59 AM
Original Poster

Idaho, Northbound-from Twin Falls to Canada

Will be travelling the whole state with overnight stops in Twin Falls 2 nights, McCall 1 night and Coeur d' Alene 1 night.

Not interested in Interstates. Will take 30 (Hagerman Valley) out of TF, then 55 to McCall, and 95 to the Canadian border.

Enjoy scenery and history, will stop at the Nez Perce res., Lewiston, and Lake Coeur d' Alene. Am I missing something? Is there a big rodeo in McCall, hard to get a room.

Thanks
Jul 17th, 2003, 02:09 PM
Original Poster

I'll stick with this plan, as no one can suggest something I'm missing.

No answer means OK.
Jul 17th, 2003, 03:07 PM

Idaho is among the five least visited states in the country, so it's not surprising there are not a lot of comments.

I travel to Boise occasionally on business so I know just a little about the state. What you are missing is Sun Valley and the Stanley Basin, Island Park and Henry's Fork, the south fork of the Snake River downstream from Jackson Hole, the Teton Valley, the Salmon River and the Frank Church River-of-no-Return Wilderness area, Craters of the Moon National Monument and the Big & Little Lost River country. There are alpine lakes in the Sawtooth mountains with pristine views and grandeur to rival the Tetons.
Jul 18th, 2003, 03:05 AM
Original Poster

Wow, that sounds like another couple of trips ! We have been to Idaho Falls from Jackson, WY before but still have alot more to see.

Thanks.

Search this Thread