Icee's trip report - part 3 and final

Apr 1st, 2003, 06:56 AM
iceeu2

Icee's trip report - part 3 and final

Just a few quick notes about a few things that might help you with your Kauai trip.

1. Kauai Medical Clinic - Lihue - The people here are fast, efficient and professional. Unfortunately, we had to take the hubby to the walk in on Sunday for minor surgery....He had some type of bacterial gunk that had to be lanced and packed. Not fun, but necessary. We had to go back the next day for them to recheck him and everyone greeted us as soon as we came in. So, not a fun part of the vacation, so this is just FYI.
2. Walmart - Walmart has the best prices for just about everything. We had our film developed there and were extremely pleased with their work. As I stated in another post, if you take your flash card in just be sure not to erase it before you get your prints back. They do CD's also. It is not 1 hour for your digital cd's and prints, so be sure and not wait until the last day of your vacation. We checked out KMart and Photo Spectrum, but Walmart had the best prices and quality work.....If you go there tell the girl from Albermarle, North Carolina, that her southern buddy that grew up in Statesville said hello.
3. Whatever you do, do not miss Jojo's Shave Ice. Also had shave ice at the stand in Hanalei, but it was no comparison...not very good as a matter of fact.
4. Be sure to get you a Club Bub Card, cause you get discounts at several places and free soft drinks with your orders at Bubba's. Their burgers are good.
5. The florist I used to send flowers to the neighbor watching things for us was Flowers Forever in Lihue. It has been a few weeks now since the neighbor got them and last night they were still beautiful.
6. Don't miss anything....be sure to drive as far as you can in all directions.

WE LOVED KAUAI AND WILL BE BACK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. THE ISLAND IS BEAUTIFUL AND THE PEOPLE ARE SO NICE.

Apr 1st, 2003, 07:00 AM

Icee- I live on Kauai and must say you really hit all the best restaurants and sights. Also your assessment of Walmart and the KMC is right on! I ALWAYS use Flowers Forever, too! So glad you enjoyed your trip.
Apr 1st, 2003, 01:08 PM
iceeu2

ttt

Apr 1st, 2003, 02:34 PM

Thank you for the report.

I was wondering how much did it cost for the lei? What kind of flowers?

Apr 1st, 2003, 03:59 PM
iceeu2

Sorry, don't remember the lei prices...Pretty reasonable I think. I sent tropical flowers and the one I chose which they recommended was $50 which included the fed ex shipping fee.

Feb 21st, 2009, 04:19 PM

And here's another....sorry, but I even tried to email Katie with a link to these and can't figure it out either. Duh, color me stoopid
Feb 21st, 2009, 06:22 PM

Holy crap. Enuff already, sweetie dear.
Feb 22nd, 2009, 04:17 AM

I'm just trying to figure out how to get them into my trip report portion of my profile, dear heart.