Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > IAD (Washington Dulles airport) parking question

IAD (Washington Dulles airport) parking question

Apr 12th, 2004, 07:00 AM
Original Poster

IAD (Washington Dulles airport) parking question

We are going on a 17-day vacation end of June, and we have to park our car at IAD the whole time. What's the cheapest and best way to do this?

I did some research and here's what I have found out so far. Parking at the economy lot at the airport is $9/day, and total will come to $153. A park and fly deal at a nearby hotel is $109 for 14 days, and for 17 days it will be $124, plus taxes will be about $137. Still pretty steep. Is this the best that we can do?
Apr 15th, 2004, 05:44 AM

We opted to stay at the hotel & pay them the parking. Not only are you getting parking but the rooms are quite nice. We had an early flight and it was less stressful to be shuttled to the airport within minutes and not having to deal with traffic concerns.
Apr 15th, 2004, 05:59 AM

I always get stressed about having a car trip in front of me before I arrive at the airport, so I'd be inclined for the "Sleep & Park" option too.

I think that Greyhound has service to Dulles too. Maybe you could find a hotel further (and less expensive) from the airport, but convenient to a bus route that stops at IAD?
Apr 15th, 2004, 08:01 AM
Original Poster

Yes our flight is in the morning too, and that's the main reason why park and fly appeals to me. The room I booked is at Staybridge Suites Dulles. Does anyone know how it is? It's a 3 star and offers complimentary breakfast. There are a couple places that are $10 less but have a lower star rating.

Because our stay will be a weekday, most hotels have high rates for business travelers. I can't seem to find a rate significantly lower. As a matter of fact, Staybridge Suites Dulles charges $167 for the same night on expedia (room only, not park and fly.)

Search this Thread