Reload this Page >

I won a trip to NYC!

Search

I won a trip to NYC!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 09:56 AM
Amy

I won a trip to NYC!

I've posted on here before for some iteniery help in December. I already have the trip planned and paid for, so I can't use it this time, but this weekend, at a club my sis works at I won a raffle, airfare for 1 and lodging for 2 for 3 days in NYC. I'm still waiting for the informational packet to come in for it. I have never won anything in my life, and can't believe I won a trip to somewhere I was already going, but it's still pretty cool. Guess whatever we can't fit in in Dec. we can do later this year!

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 10:45 AM
xxx

Is there a question here?

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 10:48 AM
Laura

Good for you! Go a different time of the year. We went in Mid May and it was beautiful. That way you can do totally different things.
Ignore the idiots....they seem to be out today.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 10:54 AM
Amy

No question, just sharing--for people that did help me with my previous questions.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 10:55 AM
xxx

Why do you get airfare for one and lodging for two? How does the other one get to the lodging part? Sounds lame.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 10:59 AM
Judy

I was just wondering the same thing. I guess the short answer is that the hotel cost is the same for one or two people, so all they're really paying for is a trip for one person.

But when I first read your post, I wondered if maybe you're supposed to just pick someone up while you're in NY?????

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 11:01 AM
Judy

PS I meant to also add my congratulations on your good fortune. Where are you coming from and do you get to choose what time of year to use it?

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 11:14 AM
Amy

Judy--Still waiting on the specifics on the trip. I have to wait for some packet. I'm sure you get to pick the time of year though.

That's what my husband said too, what are you supposed to pick someone up when you get there?!

Doesn't sound lame to me, airfare is what like $240 from Houston, I'll spend that gladly for a mostly free trip.

Sorry to have offended anyone by my post. I always expect some stupid comments on anything ANYONE writes on here.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 11:32 AM
lisa

Amy, it wasn't YOUR post that was offensive. Have a great time in NYC. I too suggest a different time of year next time.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 11:33 AM
lame-o

Still might be somewhat lame. They expect you to bring another person, right? Wouldn't surprise me if you have to book the second airfare through "them" and they crank you on the fare so you really just end up with a couple nights in a lousy hotel room. I'm sure you'll have to pay some sort of fees and/or taxes. This sounds really fishy. Any real vacation prize is for 2 people. When you say a "club" so you mean a bar type club? I remember "winning" something at a bar in Boston once and guess what, I ended up being te big loser when I got this "prize" in the mail. I think it was a gym membership or something but it came with all sorts of strings attatched and was really worthless. I don't mean to pee in your Cheerios but just beware.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 11:48 AM
Don't be

I win a free trip almost everyday to all kinds of exciting destinations such as: Daytona Beach, Charleston, Las Vegas, etc, etc, etc. It is amazing how many times my e-mail address has been a winner, I must be really lucky. All I have to do is call this 800 number at the bottom to claim my prize. Of course my prize can only be claimed after giving them my credit card number to cover, taxes, licensing, fees, and so on and so forth, and I must also rent a car through them for a rate three times what a sane person would pay. In the end, this great "prize" only gets me three days in some white trash paradise with a heavier price tag than if I had just booked it myself.

The moral of this story...be careful not get hosed on this one.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 11:54 AM
Texas Salsa

NEW YORK CITY?!?!?!?!