Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

I'm going to Disney World! VIP cute outfits?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2nd, 2005, 01:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to Disney and staying at the Boardwalk Inn and I am so excited I simply can't even see straight! what should I wear to be somewhat special looking but not all messed up? I can't wait to ride fast rides and dine in Victoria and Alberts but please help with outfits, shoes and makeup. Should I wear the same type of thing I would wear in Universal studios or is there a different dress expectation? **smooch**
Old Oct 2nd, 2005, 01:24 PM

muffin, I think a nice Victorian style robe would be appropriate for Victoria and Alberts. Maybe a shorter lighter weight one for wearing around Disney.
Old Oct 2nd, 2005, 02:07 PM

Muffin, I think your leather pants topped by a minnie blouse (you know, red with white polka dots would be quite suitable. Must-wear shoes at diney this year are the Aladin style. Velvet with sequins, and a pointed toe that curls up. Makeup would keep with the Alladin theme...lots of shadow and eyeliner, and maybe a sprkly bindhi on your forehead.

Don't forget to style your hair in such a way thet your mouse ears will stay on comfortably.
Old Oct 2nd, 2005, 02:55 PM

Hello Dear Muffin,

As you know, we are past Labor Day, so Minnie Mouse white pumps will not be the foot gear of choice.

Hardest to accomplish is the comfort/chic compromise.

Tantamount to enjoyment is the correct mode of dress.

Before I can share with you my highly-regarded fashion dictations, I must know when your greatly-anticipated travel will take place.

(As that will most understandably influence my recommmendations to you...)

Smooch!

Old Oct 2nd, 2005, 04:13 PM

I think Victoria & Albert's is the only restaurant at WDW with any kind of dresscode.

We were at WDW in June and saw several women who couldn't stand the heat anymore so they just pulled off their shirts and walked around in their bras. As my 17-yr. old daughter said, "And they were mom bras....ugh!" I'm a 38 yr. old mother of four so I can lend you a mom bra if you need one.

Boardwalk was fantastic. I spent two glorious hours just floating around that lazy river portion of the pool.

Did you know that it is fake sand in that sand bottomed pool? It is a specially formulated silicon sand Disney uses so that it sinks when it is stirred up. Gotta love those Disney folks - fake sand, that's awesome!
Old Oct 2nd, 2005, 06:37 PM

Have you thought about polyester shorts that are too short and too tight (worn with a visible thong, of course), and a high-riding belly shirt that is 2 sizes too small? No undergarment for the latter, of course. Or the ever-popular blue jean worn very low, so that the love handles can drape just so over the edges--a classic. To these, add a tube top and piercings of various body parts, or tattoos, either is appropriate.
Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 04:34 AM

Go with what you'd wear in Vegas or Branson, just not as formal.(Disney isn't nearly as posh and lavish.)