Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Hyatts: Maui or Kauai, Which Hotel is "Best"?? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/hyatts-maui-or-kauai-which-hotel-is-best-598601/)

beachkomer Mar 12th, 2006 04:46 PM

Hyatts: Maui or Kauai, Which Hotel is "Best"??

We have been considering going to Hawaii this December, on FF miles. I have booked it already...into Honolulu. We want to do North Shore on Oahu and one other Island. I was thinking Maui and trying Priceline for one of the three resorts on Kaanapali. I was thinking since Oahu is more busy and hectic, maybe we should do Kauai with Oahu and save Maui for another time.

I like both Hyatts, just from reviews, and was wondering which is a better HOTEL, taking the island out of the equation. You know? We like to have a nice breakfast or romantic dining. And a ocean front bar doesn't hurt! And pools are great...

Thanks!

trippinkpj Mar 12th, 2006 05:19 PM

I have a friend who spent a week at each Hyatt (Maui and Kauai) for her honeymoon. While she liked both, Kauai was her favorite. :-)

beachkomer Mar 12th, 2006 05:25 PM

The grounds there at the Kauai look amazing! A little more "low key" than Maui.

Thanks!

ohanaman1 Mar 12th, 2006 07:44 PM

I have been to both and enjoyed both. My favorite is Kauai because of the incredible river pool, it is just amazing, even better than the very well done Maui Hyatt pool. The rooms are both just ok, and the Kauai property just feels more relaxing.

TahitiTams Mar 12th, 2006 08:00 PM

HI..
Just booked the Grand Hyatt in Kauai for September and I did the sunshine sale..stay 6 nights and get the 6th night free and breakfast for two everyday.. I hear the breakfast buffet is wonderful and it was an extra $7pp a day..Great way to start the day..
I am really excited to stay here... Also, Hyatt will match any deal you find on the internet that is cheaper.
I have been going to Maui for years and I do love it but things have changed and I don't want to sit in a traffic jam around the island.. I already do that in So.CAl.. We are going to Oahu for 2 days afterwards just to get our fix in for the Royal Hawaiian and a little nightlife..
Have fun and I can't wait to have my cocktail and use the lagoons and water slides.. ;)

beachkomer Mar 12th, 2006 09:02 PM

tahiti tams,
was that Hyatt deal on their website?

It sounds wonderful! Don't forget to post a review. We won't be going until December.

:)

TahitiTams Mar 12th, 2006 09:21 PM

HI..
I found it on the kauai.hyatt.com
and then go to special offers and then follow the link to the sunshine on sale..
last till 12/19/06
I'll keep you posted..

beachkomer Mar 13th, 2006 04:56 AM

It seems like that rate is higher by $80 per night, for those two *free* breakfasts...and to cover that free night.....I was thinking about purchasing "stay certificates" and stay there for $250 per night. The lowest rate I can find is $320 per night. (searching every booking option available and hyatt.com)

DECISIONS DECISIONS....

beachkomer Mar 13th, 2006 10:46 AM

Well, nevermind, I can't use the Hyatt Stay certificates during our dates at either hotel! I am glad I didn't buy them yet. I guess I will keep trying Priceline for Maui. I just need to figure out if it's too early for a December Pricline stay. Has anyone gotten rooms this far out?

Thanks.

Gellers Mar 14th, 2006 02:14 PM

In case anyone is reading with interest toward the original question: The Kauai Hyatt is "best."

beachkomer Mar 14th, 2006 08:18 PM

Thanks for resonding to my
original post.
:)