hyatt POV or Princeville OV?

Old May 20th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hyatt POV or Princeville OV?

What do you think? Hyatt partial ocean view or Princeville Ocean view NEXT WEEK!
Old May 20th, 2005, 07:25 PM

Depends on what you're looking for.... I prefer the south because it is close to Roy's restaurant and a few more sightseeing attractions. Prefer the Hyatt Pool. However the view from the Princeville is amazing and so quiet and tranquil.....
Old May 21st, 2005, 03:49 AM

I have stayed at both hotels and I would definately go with the Princeville Ocean View. The Hyatt is set back a long ways from the water so the view is not that important...The Princeville has a gorgeous view and is well worth spending more money to have a great view!
Old May 21st, 2005, 06:41 PM

murrab00:

From one who lives on Kaua`i...

Hyatt Hotel is grand, with a lovely oceanfront setting on our southshore.

Princeville Hotel is grand, with a unique stair-stepped building cascading down the cliff, with views across Hanalei Bay to the majestic green pali (mountains), waterfalls, and the ocean.

Gee...which one should I suggest??

Old May 23rd, 2005, 09:40 AM
Ag3046

Just back from wonderful Kauai-

I would recommend the first couple of nights at the Princeville Resort, then down to the Hyatt. The view from Princeville is indeed stunning. But I found the hotel overly tranquil, and I hated the super-expensive and ostentatious feeling to the area. The Hyatt is a much busier place, but has a sunny happy feeling. I would not spend the extra money for a Hyatt Ocean View, as the mountain views are also lovely and relaxing.
One thing to consider is the drive back to the Lihue airport for the plane. I would not want to make that drive back from the Princeville area if there was any chance of traffic. The mid-afternoon traffic in Wailea and Kalauu(sp?) was stop and go for half an hour.
The Lihue airport was an easy 20minute drive from the Hyatt.