Last-minute Florida Keys trip-need info!

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 07:11 AM
Gus

Last-minute Florida Keys trip-need info!

Hello,

I am planning (Last minute!) a late July 2002 trip to the Keys. Trying to get some opinions as to where I should go: I want a simple, clean place to stay where I have a nice, relaxing view, can ride a bike, take a nice walk, generally just un-wind. Traveling solo, don't need a big, fancy place. Being a photographer, I would like to be near Pennekamp park (did I spell it right?)

Any info appreciated,

Gus in Pennsylvania

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 09:22 AM
abst

search for Keys and you'll find lots of posts related to the Keys. There's a nice Marriott near Pennekamp and there should be plenty of amnenities there. Bring mosquito repellant, they're terrible right now.

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 09:54 AM
x

There is a hotel called Neptunes Hideaway adjacent to Pennekamp which has gotten good reviews on another board.

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 10:23 AM
George

We're big Neptune's Hideaway fans. Stay there every year for a couple of nights on the way to Key West. Cheap, nice sunset view, quiet, and not far from Pennekamp.

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 10:35 AM
Gus in Pennsylvania

Thanks for the info. I did check out the Neptune website...how about if I want to take a swim? I take imagine the water is very accessible?

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 10:36 AM
Gus in Pennsylvania

Thanks for the info. I did check out the Neptune website...how about if I want to take a swim? I imagine the water is very accessible?

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 01:32 PM
George

You're on the water. Both docking and a ramp is on-site.