Hwy1-ScottsValley-CarmelValley trip review

Old Sep 17th, 2004, 04:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hwy1-ScottsValley-CarmelValley trip review

Personally, I love driving Hwy1 and did so at sunrise. What a lovely experence. I had the road almost to myself and what a beautiful way to begin my annual returning to the Carmel Valley, trip! I arrived at the Hilton, Scotts Valley and was enjoying coffee in my room before 8:30am. What a delightful location!. The trees, quiet and easy on/off freeway access to explore Scotts Valley and Santa Cruz was exactly what I was hoping for, just perfect! And my room was so clean, comfortable and quiet. I was very pleasantly surprised, and will always add a stay here on my way south.
Again, Hwy1 was perfectly beautiful as I drove my way on to the Quail Lodge. I had a wonderful lunch at Edgars and then was welcomed to my room, so nice to be remembered and embraced as a friend. I think I now have found my favorite room and will always request for future visits. The TomatoFest.com was my intention, and the "Hot Tomato Night" dinner was fun. Made new friends and had a good time. I will attend again next year. The next day was the TomatoFest, and the Dennis Murphy Band had everyone dancing again, they are teriffic!
Got lots of pictures of everyone, of all ages, having such a happy fun day together. This is such a wonderful family event, and the '300? heirloom tomato tasting' is amazing. My beautiful restful room to return to after such a fun active day was such a pleasure. Both, Edgars(casual) and The Covey offer fine dining.
I think I would say the difference between Post Ranch and the Quail, Ocean/inland valley, No tv/radio, power out often,or Plasma TV/Radio, nogolf/golf surround. I sincerely love and want to be visiting them both.
I decided to experence Bernarus further inland on Carmel Valley Road. This drive was a first for me and a grand surprise! One critical point I did not know, it's HOT out there! Thank heaven they had a shaded room for me and the best big bath tub I have enjoyed in my traveles so far. This is a delightful lodge, very casual and interesting garden from recycling greywater.
Time to head home, I stopped at Seascape and was shocked! This is a fabulous Cliff side Resort over the ocean in Aptos. I was stunned, what a beautiful property! It is a mod style, beautifully landscaped and how huge?
The staff was delightful and I'm impressed by their handicap thoughtfullness. They cart you about and to the beach, and that's a fabulous gift! Dining was excellent I love this place too!
I'm home now, and trying to post my pictures, but the format isn't correct, I will share, when I understand the correction to my errors.
I LOVED my trip, and am already looking forward to next year's www.TomatoFest.com
!
Old Sep 17th, 2004, 06:01 PM

bodi: Great report, thanks. It made me remember to pick up a new supply of St. John's Wort this weekend!
Old Sep 18th, 2004, 10:35 AM

Thanks for the report, Bodi. I'm glad you had a nice time. We were considering the Seascape Resort for an extended stay (about four weeks) in that area. Did you dine at Sanderlings? ***kim***
Old Sep 18th, 2004, 11:24 AM
Original Poster

Yes, I had Grilled Artichoke and Ahi Poke. I steam my artichokes a long time to make more eatable and tender before grilling, but the flavor was very good. The Ahi Poke was excellent, perfectly fresh and wonderful flavors marinated. Loved it.
I have found adjoining rooms less common and was delighted to find Seascape Resort offers adjoining rooms, and two bedroom villas with two baths! My daughter and I prefer our own bathrooms so that we can take all the time we want for bathing, hair and makeup, yet we want our rooms together. I'm eager to plan a trip with her at Seascape! They have kitchenettes and full kitchens also. Only thing I'm not sure I liked is the bath was in the main room and felt like bathing in the kitchen. I think I could have designed the floorplan a bit better. I would like to see the Main building studios, but they were all taken. I think my room was a one bedroom villa? It was by the pond. Oh, they have BBQ's on the patios also? Another amenity I'd not seen before. I think you might make yourself at home for four weeks there.
Thank you, yes, I had a fabulous trip. Happy, fun, perfect, just too hot for me, a Half Moon Bay fog lover.
Old Sep 18th, 2004, 04:46 PM

Sounds very nice. I was going to suggest the Bittersweet Bistro to you in Aptos. My DH and son recently ate there and really enjoyed the place. ***kim***
Old Sep 18th, 2004, 05:52 PM
Original Poster

Thank you Kim, I'll try that next trip. Please share your opinion of the Seascape if you decide to stay. I'd love to hear your impressions.
Old Sep 19th, 2004, 01:58 PM

I'll do that bodi, if we ever get to stay there. I prefer Carmel/Big Sur/MOnterey to Santa Cruz, but if we do have to go there, I'll be staying at the Seascape. ***kim***
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 08:38 AM
Original Poster

A photo look of Hilton Scotts Valley, Quail Lodge, Bernardus and Seascape.

Click here: Webshots Community - mrskbg's Photo Home Page
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 10:34 AM
Original Poster

Sorry,
http://community.webshots.com/user/mrskbg-date