Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Husband golfing in Port St. Lucie where to stay with shopping and spa for me?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2004, 05:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello:
I was thinking of staying in Palm Beach but decided to TRY and find a resort closer to where he'll be. We'll be there four days. Is there anything in Stuart/Hutchinson area on water and within walking distance to shopping? IS there good shopping there? I'm so clueless! I appreciate all of your help and advice so very much.
Old Feb 21st, 2004, 06:26 AM

After I posted earlier, I realized that your requirements will be difficult to find up this way. There is one Marriott resort with a spa on Hutchinson Island, but it is not on the water and not very close to shopping. There is not a whole lot of shopping in that area at all.

There is upscale shopping down the road near Sewall's Point, but it is not within walking distance.

I'm sorry that I cannot be more help, but this town, while touristy, isn't nearly as built up as Palm Beach.

Good luck in your search!
Old Feb 21st, 2004, 07:57 AM
Original Poster

Exactly how far is Sewall's Point?
Is there any shopping in Stuart.
Perhaps I'll steal the car for a day.
I may also just have us stay in Palm Beach and make him do the drive for the golfing! Also, is the Marriott not on the water? I phoned there and the girl mentioned one building being on water. What water was she speaking of, do you suppose?
This is my one big vacation of the winter and I don't want to be stuck by a pool all day with nothing to do.
I thank you for taking the time to educate me. You've been most helpful.
Old Feb 21st, 2004, 08:58 AM

I think from some research done a year or so ago, the Marriott is on an inland waterway, which can be nice if there is a marina and boats are coming and going.

Radisson Hutchinson Island should be on the ocean, but I am like you when it comes to that area, I don't have a clue as to where things are located.

The idea of staying near Worth Ave area sounded pretty neat. Upscale shops and plenty of places to pamper yourself! I don't know how close it is to the ocean, but the idea of staying near the beach and taking a cab to shop sounded good.
Old Feb 21st, 2004, 09:56 AM
GoTravel

I think you are going to have to pick either shopping within walking distance or staying on the beach.

The coolest old hotel within walking distance to the toney Worth Avenue Shops in Palm Beach is the Brazillian.

You could always stay in Boca Raton. The Boca Raton Resort is my favorite and you can shop on property.

Old Feb 21st, 2004, 12:22 PM

Yes, but if she stays in Boca, her husband will be driving all day long just to golf!

My original post was meant to help her husband, I suppose. Port St. Lucie is no small hike from Palm Beach.

Anyway, my Mom also recommended looking into the Indian River Plantation.
Old Feb 22nd, 2004, 06:20 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to all of you. Can anyone local help me with impressions of the Palace Spa in Port St. Lucie?
I think we're looking at the Hutchinson Marriott as a compromise. I do not want DH to have to drive just so I can shop!