Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Huntington Lake,CA/Trip Report (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/huntington-lake-ca-trip-report-508617/)

kimamom Mar 2nd, 2005 11:07 AM

Huntington Lake,CA/Trip Report

We enjoyed a couple of wonderful days up at our condo in Huntington Lake, CA. We took our daughter and her friend up to snowboard at the Sierra Summit Ski Resort. www.sierrasummit.com :D

We arrived a little before dinner time and we were starting to get a bit hungry since lunch had been around 11:00 at the Copper River Ranch Country Club to meet with our son's fiance's family for brunch. We unpacked our things and headed over to the Lakeshore Resort Lodge for dinner. www.lakeshoreresort.com ((f))

We brought along a bottle of our Engelmann Cellars Syrah that went very nicely with our prime rib dinner. The ambiance is cozy, always a fire going and lots of snow everywhere outside! Dinners are served with warm bread, fresh green salads and a side of pasta or baked potato. We have dined here numerous times and have never been disappointed. :)

After dinner we went to the jacuzzi for a nice soak. The condo complex includes a jacuzzi, pool, tennis courts and basketball court. Very nice place to relax and it was wonderful being up in the gorgeous snow and green trees.

The next morning we woke to fresh falling snow which was just beautiful. It snowed most of the morning, the kids went to the ski resort while I relaxed by the fire with a good book and cup of hot tea. DH and the kids said the boarding was great, just a perfect day with no crowds since they were there on a Monday. (Yes,a day off from school!) We left after lunch and got the kids back just in time for their swim/dive practices. :)

It was a very short, but nice little mini-trip for us before we head off to Sonoma, then the Portland/Oregon Coast area for a week or so. Happy Travels! ***kim*** ((#))

Suzie Mar 2nd, 2005 12:06 PM

OMG. My old stomping grounds (skiing grounds) China Peak!!!! Used to ski there with my roommate and 2 good friends. Presto, chango, now my old roommate is my best friend and one of the friends (male) is my roommate (DH) of 23 years!!! Thanks for the report!

kimamom Mar 3rd, 2005 09:34 AM

You're welcome, Suzie! :) Yes, I learned to ski there when it was China Peak, also. When was the last time you were there? It's such a beautiful area. I really enjoy going to Huntington Lake in the summer to kayak, also. Would love to spend more time there! ***kim*** ((#))

Suzie Mar 3rd, 2005 09:46 AM

Oh it's been really long now. We moved from Fresno a little over 20 years ago and haven't really been back as the Tahoe resorts are closer. But it's certainly a great memory!

uuhhhh Mar 3rd, 2005 10:21 AM

i don't know how i missed this.... thank you for the riveting report.

Watchingawannabe Mar 5th, 2005 08:04 PM

I ditto the comments about a riveting report with a little "golly gee, no Foster's Freeze" this time? Thanks for the thrill, Kimamom...you never cease to amaze me.