Last Night's Episode of Airline

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27th, 2004, 05:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, what did everyone think of last night's episode of Airline? I didn't think it was quite as good as previous ones. The woman with the makeup seemed either completely on drugs or just faking it to get on camera. And I felt bad for the Harley Davidson Funeral guy, but seriously, why are you yelling at the baggage claim people? It's not going to make your bag get there any faster.
Old Jan 27th, 2004, 05:49 AM

I loved how the Harley guy was upset because all his funeral gear was lost . . . his leathers, his cap, his KNIVES!
Old Jan 27th, 2004, 06:23 AM

This show sounds great, but I don't have cable

But could you use title of something like "Last Night's (1/26) Episode of Airline", putting the date in there, as these threads seem to hang around active for awhile. Thanks -- I enjoy reading about what I'm missing.
Old Jan 27th, 2004, 06:41 AM

When I heard about this show I couldn't figure out how it could be entertaining but it sucked me in pretty fast!!

What a tough job to tell people they smell or are too fat as diplomatically as possible.
Old Jan 27th, 2004, 06:48 AM

"What a tough job to tell people they smell or are too fat as diplomatically as possible"

Connie, I think you've just found the key to the success of Southwest. All airlines have to tell people they smell or are too fat. Apparently Southwest is one of the few that even attempt to do it diplomatically.
Old Jan 27th, 2004, 07:08 AM

I totally thought the make-up lady was fake... just like her Louis Vuitton bags. This episode was more annoying than anything. They should not have wasted so much time on her!
Old Jan 27th, 2004, 07:21 AM

That makeup lady seemed to have mental issues if you ask me--much like the drunk guy in the second episode-that service counter guys wins the patience award for not slugging that guy!
Old Jan 27th, 2004, 08:24 AM

I find the show to be very entertaining, but also very depressing. It does not generate a lot of faith in my fellow man. Why do some people get so hostile? Drinking at 7am? Good Lord! Maybe they'll have to start giving breathalizer tests at the security checkpoint.

I personally think that flying, like driving, is a privilege, and not a right. Anyone who can't follow some basic rules of civility should just stay home. That's my 2 cents for today.

Old Jan 27th, 2004, 09:36 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I forgot about it!!!
Old Jan 27th, 2004, 09:51 AM
MightyIsis

What about the 3 drunk girls on the way to Vegas that got thrown off the plane? I would love to have heard what REALLY happened, as the big girl insisted some man "screamed" at them for being too loud. Then they ended up driving to Vegas? Who in their right mind rented them a car?

Old Jan 27th, 2004, 10:59 AM

It is my belief that ANYONE flying on a commercial airliner drunk is a threat to all other passengers on board. They always behave so erratically. Would any one of us put up with that kind of behavior in any other setting? It is arrogant and self-centred to board an airplane in that condition with no regard whatsoever to the other passengers safety or peace of mind.
Old Jan 27th, 2004, 11:07 AM
Kal

MEMO TO SELF: Do not fly on "atilla's" flight. O

I watched this for the first time the other night while flipping around the dial recovering from "Kauai-lag".
(2hr time diff for 3 weeks=ZZZzzzZZZ here in Cali)....Hillarious!!!

I have a buddy who works for SoWest and I'm sure he can tell us some stories, too.
I liked the sleazy guy who was running a bluff on an expired ticket. Pretty funny.
Old Jan 27th, 2004, 11:19 AM

Sure Kal, why would you want to have a relaxing flight without some obnoxious idiot making an ass of themselves?
Old Jan 27th, 2004, 12:02 PM
Kal

hahaha...been there...done that...got the handcuffs.

Could be worse...you could be flying with overweight, smoking babies using cell phones and lap tops, eating keilbassa, trying to tip the flight attendants while screaming and kicking the back of your seat because they made your monkey fly in the baggage area!
Old Jan 27th, 2004, 12:38 PM

?"overweight smoking babies" that definately got a chuckle out of me. have the bruises on your wrists healed yet?
Old Jan 27th, 2004, 03:54 PM
jor

rb_travelerxATyahoo, I don't have cable either. I live outside of a city in a rural area and have satellite TV which is cheaper than cable in the city. Don't know if this is your situation or you just don't want or can not afford cable.

Anyway. I missed the show last night. Hope I see a rerun.
Old Jan 30th, 2004, 06:31 AM

When do the new episodes air?? I never catch them...usually, I get the reruns on the weekend.

I heard a rumor that A&E and Southwest are already negotiating a new season. has anyone heard anything about this?
Old Jan 30th, 2004, 07:08 AM

It comes on A&E on Mondays at 10pm. They also rerun it on Sunday nights and late on Monday night (1 am or something like that.)

I also had to laugh at the drunken girls going to Vegas. I felt bad for the girl that was crying, she was probably the quiet one in the group, while her 2 friends were clearly being obnoxious. I'm also trying to figure out who rented them a car in that condition, they are clearly more of a threat on the road then on a plane. I say those people should be placed in front of the screaming and kicking kids or put next to the "passenger of size". LOL
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 07:18 AM

Anyone catch last night's episode???? How funny was that woman who was complaining about her luggage when it was right behind her the whole time. I can't believe that she didn't even apologize to the baggage claim rep. for having such an attitude. Jeez, some people.

Old Feb 10th, 2004, 07:24 AM

Well, who can blame her? Her green bag miraculously turned brown during the flight. This surely must have been the airlines fault!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -