I'll be going to Big Island the first week of December, and would like to see lava flow fairly up close. How to go about this? What are the optiosn (hike, boat, helicopter) and how much would the latter 2 cost and where to catch the boat/helicopter from? Top preference is to hike. Is the lava good now? Where should I start the hike and how long does it take to get to the place to view the lava?
Thanks for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 2 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 3 Dulles to BWI
- 4 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 5 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 6 Our next summer trip
- 7 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 8 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 9 Family winter holiday
- 10 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 11 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 12 Kauai for a week: advice needed
- 13 Advice Nashville to Washington D.C please!
- 14 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 15 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 16 Where to Eat on Kauai?
- 17 Muir Woods - new rules
- 18 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 19 Padre Islands
- 20 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 21 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom
- 22 NASHVILLE
- 23 Nj to Charleston SC during Christmas bestate way
- 24 4 days in San Diego
- 25 Copper - How many open runs usually open in December at Copper Mountain?