Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

How To Make A Hotel Reservation For The U.S.A From The U.K?

Oct 5th, 2000, 10:57 AM
Nic

Well, we've decided we had better get a move on and book our first nights accomodation in Tampa, (Its true Joseph I've faffed around far too long already)

We will probably stay in the Hampton Inn Rocky Point. This may seem like a silly question, but does anybody know if Hampton Inn has an International Reservation Number. I can't seem to find one. I would prefer to phone up and book it rather than doing it online.

Hope someone can help. Thanks.

Oct 5th, 2000, 11:36 AM
John

Hampton's now owned by Hilton, so try the Hilton/Conrad reservation number in the UK. Also, visit the hampton-inn.com web site. If you can't find a number, sending them an e-mail asking about the local #

Oct 5th, 2000, 11:44 AM
CMcDaniel

Nic...Hampton Inn Rocky Point's local # is 1-813-289-6262 and you can make your reservation direct. Glad you are doing this now--we are close to sold out the first two weeks in Nov.

If by chance they are, there is also a Days Inn in the same Rocky Pt location, ph# 1-813-281-0000, or Doubletree Guest suites 1-813-888-8800. Don't start thinking about either of these though unless Hampton Inn is full.

Be sure to specify that you want them to hold your room for late arrival as well. In an oversold situation, you don't want them giving away your room come 10 PM!

Oct 5th, 2000, 11:44 AM
Joseph cameron

Nic - I just telephone the Hampton Inn in Tampa and the front desk fellow said their international number is 1-800-426-7866. He confirmed that you could reach him from the UK. His regular long distance number is 813-289-6262. Have fun in Fla., and good luck with the reservation. By the way, when you "talk" with cmcdaniel again, say hello from "Joe" of Treasure Island and D.C. Ciao

Oct 5th, 2000, 12:11 PM
CMcDaniel

Hi Joe...what a nice guy! You went the extra step.
Me...in Tampa

Oct 5th, 2000, 12:37 PM
Joseph cameron

Buon gionrno, "Me" ... come stai oggi? Thanks, but no, it was pure self-interest ... my one attempt at closure today. FYI - Leon kept me awake all night with endless details about yesterday's procedure. Why does everyone believe their surgery was the mother of all surgeries? No, Nic, this has nothing to do with that first night in Tampa. I'm doing a piggy-back on your posting, as my fee for service. Ciao, e buon giornata, "Me"

Oct 5th, 2000, 02:03 PM
CMcDaniel

Poor Leon--never to know one of life's greater joys, his nocturnal travels nipped in the bud...so to speak.