Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   how to block the annoying "questionmarket.com" triangle. (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/how-to-block-the-annoying-questionmarket-com-triangle-585243/)

lincasanova Jan 26th, 2006 01:46 AM

how to block the annoying "questionmarket.com" triangle.

jeeeez. what a floating pain.
any ideas, or are we stuck with it?

Anonymous Jan 26th, 2006 03:24 AM

What are you talking about?

gail Jan 26th, 2006 03:28 AM

It is this annoying floating triangle, semi-transparent that floats across screen - has a tiny "x" in corner to get rid of it.

Currently, this is the only pop-up type thing that gets thru my installed blocker - so they just got smarter than my pop-up blocker.

logos999 Jan 26th, 2006 03:45 AM

You need a spyware remover. You have got a software (spyware) installed on your PC which displays this add. Try ad-aware.

earl30 Jan 26th, 2006 05:00 AM

i have ad aware pop up blocker and spy sweeper on my pc and rarely see anything like that. but i have seen what lincasnova is talking about. it tends to go away after a minute, but still it is annoying.

SiestaLinda Jan 26th, 2006 05:08 AM

Gail--where is the "tiny" x I do not see it at all. Thanks

janisj Jan 26th, 2006 05:13 AM

I don't have any spyware - and I don't have any floating triangle.

Does it float across the actual screen or just in the banner ads at the top?

That would really annoy me too -- IF I could see it.

Gardyloo Jan 26th, 2006 05:13 AM

It appears to be a script within Fodors' website, not an outside ad that popup blockers see. The "x" is tiny indeed.

Bad show, Fodors - why not keep ads out of the main field of view?

Pat2003 Jan 26th, 2006 05:29 AM

So what should we do about it? I can't stand this thing

logos999 Jan 26th, 2006 05:37 AM

Nothing, If this actually is intended by fodors. I once posted an easy solution to get rid of all the ads on Fodors, based on the fact that they all are on the same ad-server, but the post has been deleted after a few minutes and I do understand why. There's nothing you can (should) do about it.

SiestaLinda Jan 26th, 2006 06:32 AM

Suki on the news board said it is a tiny x outside of the actual Triangle--great now I need to spend my time searching for this little X oh well I guess I could just clean my house--not

FainaAgain Jan 26th, 2006 10:08 AM

I had it yesterday - it moved in on me, and no x in sight!! Annoying!

gb944 Jan 26th, 2006 11:29 AM

Try using Firefox instead of Internet Explorer...

gail Jan 26th, 2006 11:54 AM

I have all sorts of spyware, virusware, adware, and all sorts of other wares - but they did not catch this annoyance - but it is not there today, so maybe it is gone.

dusty56438 Jan 26th, 2006 03:36 PM

I had the same problem. It was really annoying. It was only yesterday. I had to click the X about 10 times before it went away.

FainaAgain Jan 26th, 2006 03:44 PM

I got it today, only yesterday it was triangular survey, today it was a blue "curtain" with a tiny skier on it.

I just went to another forum, and by the time I came back that bluish nighmare was gone.

Tomorrow is another day :)

Malesherbes Jan 26th, 2006 03:47 PM

I just got it for the first time. I couldn't even see what the ad was for I was looking so hard for the X. LOL I finally found it, just as the ad was disappearing...it's a very very light gray x in the upper right hand corner, just above the ad. It was the weirdest ad. I had the impression it was a ski slope or something, but I'm clueless as to what they were advertising.

I got rid of all Fodors ads when I installed Norton Internet Security (not just the anti virus program) last month. Two days later my computer crashed and I've yet to put the program back on. I don't mind the sidebars so much, but this is annoying enough to make me get out my Norton disk and reinstall it.

FainaAgain Jan 30th, 2006 09:40 AM

I saw "IT" today again. It's a skier!! Rolling back and forth on my screen. That little man! Or woman!

And I can't install anything being at work, arrggghhhhh

Seamus Jan 30th, 2006 09:46 AM

I've had this pop up on several sites, not just Fodor's.

suze Jan 30th, 2006 11:04 AM

yes it floats across the screen. fortunately i have only seen it once and made it go away by clicking the X close at the upper right of the ad.