Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   How's the weather where you are? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/hows-the-weather-where-you-are-303678/)

SaraLou Apr 4th, 2003 09:17 AM

How's the weather where you are?

Here in Wisconsin the weather service is calling for a combination of wind, freezing rain, AND thunderstorms. WHAT?! <BR><BR>Can anyone top that where you are?

arjay Apr 4th, 2003 09:22 AM

How about the up to six inches of snow (for NE Wisconsin) forecast for this afternoon? <BR><BR>Tho a look at weatherchannel.com indicates the NE has it even worse than we do, SaraLou

BuzzyJ Apr 4th, 2003 09:22 AM

Here in southern New Hampshire we woke up to several inches of snow, covered with ice, terrible driving, schools closed and gray, gray, gray. And to make it worse, tomorrow, Monday, and Tuesday are supposed to be the same. It's making for crabby people, and I'm leading the pack...

soccr Apr 4th, 2003 09:23 AM

82 degrees, slight haze but mostly sunny, puffs of breeze, dogwoods and &quot;saucer&quot; magnolias in full bloom. Ahhhhhhhh....... (NC).

Scarlett Apr 4th, 2003 09:24 AM

<BR>NYC- raw, grey, cold, damp, depressing, dreary.

sunshine Apr 4th, 2003 09:34 AM

partly cloudy and low to mid 60's in San Diego.

ah4sail Apr 4th, 2003 09:34 AM

Northwest of Albany NY 6 inches of snow covered with freezing rain. Schools closed all over. Supposed to be worse tonight into tomorrow, slight let up Sun, then it starts again.<BR><BR>sighhhh... wish I was enjoying magnolias...

rjw_lgb_ca Apr 4th, 2003 09:35 AM

Stuck in my office looking at partly cloudy skies, temps in the low 60s, wind blowing the flags on the Santa Monica Pier-- it was just last week it was 85 out there. Oh well, at least it isn't raining (and may not rain again for months). And hot temps are coming early next week....

AAFrequentFlyer Apr 4th, 2003 09:37 AM

81 and clear skies. Life is good!

milkeway4 Apr 4th, 2003 09:52 AM

Upstate NY (East of ROchester) it has been freezing rain since around 7 PM last nite. Schools closed all over, downed wire's and trees. Woke up last nite around 1:30 to thunder and lightning and laid awake all night listening to trees snap and crash to the ground, we live in the woods. No electricity or phones but luckily we have a generator for the whole home. My husband had to get the chain saw out and cut up a few trees before I could get out of the driveway and has spent the day cutting up trees as they fall near the home. <BR>This is april right?

beenthere Apr 4th, 2003 09:56 AM

absolutely gorgeous and in the 80's here in Orlando.

cassidy2002 Apr 4th, 2003 09:57 AM

In SE lower MIchigan......freezing rain. Expecting more.....grey, gross, sickening. Although, the ice on the trees is kind of neat looking. But all the loss of power isn't very neat at all.

SaraLou Apr 4th, 2003 10:01 AM

WOW! You guys in the NE are really getting hammered. Bummer. And sounds like you couldn't even get out to a warmer climate if you tried! YEESH!

GoTravel Apr 4th, 2003 10:05 AM

Georgeous 85 and sunny. I do with the pollen would go away.

GoTravel Apr 4th, 2003 10:06 AM

That should be I &quot;wish&quot; the pollen would go away.

Smokyboy Apr 4th, 2003 10:07 AM

65, breezy, partly sunny/cloudy, smelling like spring here in mountains of western NC. I feel for you guys. Its funny though, last Sunday morning woke up to 5 inches of snow here!

J_Correa Apr 4th, 2003 10:21 AM

Partly cloudy, chance of rain, temperatures in the 60s in San Jose.

cybertraveler Apr 4th, 2003 10:39 AM

Right now it's freezing rain in upstate New York. Everything is covered with about 1/2&quot; of ice. Schools are closed. Hope it warms up soon!

canuckuphereathome Apr 4th, 2003 10:41 AM

In the true Canadian tradition - Woke up this morning to an inch of ice covering the trees. It's cold and blowy and snowy/icy. Only good thing about today is it's Friday!

bennie Apr 4th, 2003 11:01 AM

What's that line...April is the cruelest month.<BR><BR>After a very long, cold, snowy winter we wake up to 4 inches today.