Four Brazilians in Orlando

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 03:25 PM
Denise

Four Brazilians in Orlando

We are two couples traveling from Brazil to visit Orlando and any “must see” around it. We love good food, sightseeing, good food, beaches, good food, historical places, and have I mentioned ... good food? We are planning to stay 7 days there and we would really appreciate some tips. Thanks.

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 03:37 PM
MoebiusTrip

Denise, check-out St.Augustine! The Oldest City in the USA and only about 90 minutes northeast of Orlando -- on the coast...if you're this close don't miss it. Good food, sightseeing, beaches, good food and live-music in pubs, historical places! (60 plus sites)...and a good hostel -- www.PirateHaus.com -- with private rooms is located in the middle of everything.

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 09:31 PM
Cindy

If you have the extra $$ to spend, check out Discovery Cove near Seaworld. It offers snorkeling, swimming with stingrays and a Dolphin experience. You can purchase your package without the Dolphin experience if you'd like. They include your snorkeling equipment and a pretty good meal also. You get to keep the snorkel. It's a beautiful relaxing place. They limit guests to 1000 people per day. Reservations are needed. We called when we arrived in Orlando and had no problem getting in on the day we wanted. Also, take a drive to the beach. You can drive to the Gulf Coast area in about two hours. There is a real good Seafood reaturant in Maderia Beach and a really neat Candy Kitchen. We travel to the Orlando area frequently and always enjoy it.
You didn't mention where you will be staying, Dixie Landings Resort is beautiful. We were there in Jan. and really loved it.
Have Fun !!

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 10:15 AM
Jane

As you can see, you have to leave Orlando to find good food. I would head for the coast and try out various seafood restaurants. Please don't judge America's cuisine based on what you find in Orlando!

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 11:14 AM
Jeanette

There are some good places to eat within WDW, but they are fairly expensive, and are not the fast food type stops. EPCOT has some interesting eating experiences. If you are going to Walt Disney World and are staying on site or off, you still need to get a good guide book. How about FODORS? You can do a search here for some wonderful WDW information. Orlando itself is not especially a good location to visit if you are really interested in superlative food choices. If you are not going to WDW, but are going to Universal etc. or Sea World- still be aware that much of the food is overpriced and not as good as many other places in the U.S.A. Also if you love good beaches than you would head out of Orlando immediately and head to the gulf or Destin areas.

I agree that Discovery Cove is worth booking ahead. Beware also that on this board there are lots of people who do not like the theme parks. Most people who came from South America and Europe that I have met while at WDW have absolutely loved them. The water parks Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach are artificial but on a hot Florida day can be great fun. We had a student from Central America stay in the lazy river all day during one of our stays with our high school band.

Old Feb 13th, 2001, 10:42 AM
Denise

I would like to say thanks for all these hints. Count on me if any of you are planning to know my country someday.

Old Feb 13th, 2001, 12:04 PM
justcause

Jane,

You obviously have never eaten outside of a McDonalds with your crass comment. There are literally thousands of restaurants of all kinds in the Orlando Area with just about any kind of cuisine you could imagine. Try a place where you dont have to stand at a counter to order and you might discover that.