Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

How many of you bring your pillow or teddy bear with you when you travel?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 10:21 AM
Brad

Just curious, are there people like me that bring both your teddy bear and pillow with you when you travel? Pros and cons?

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 10:27 AM
sweetie

My teddy bear and I travel together all the time.He also pays for the trips .
The pillows in the hotels we stay in are just fine so I can leave mine at home.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 10:52 AM
dontleave

I have a great, small, down pillow from L.L. Bean, I don't travel without it.

It scrunches down to almost nothing and fits in my (small) carry-on bag.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 11:24 AM
Warren

My hand is UP when it comes to my pillow, but for some unknown reason you have brought something to my attention.I don't bring my own teddy bears, but i do bring teddy bear gifts..Perhaps i should look into that and bring my own..Thanks!!

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 11:24 AM
CF

Be careful where you take your fave pillow. I took mine to Myrtle Beach once and the humidity really messed up the down. I had clumps on my clumps by the time I left.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 11:27 AM
x

gt;, and I bet that bear brings you cafe in the a.m.'s, made just the rhett way!

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 01:14 PM
David

My wife and I are 42 and 45 years old respectively. Whenever we travel we alway bring a pink Din-o-roar and a furry penguin. We have had them for years and, to us, they have very distinctive personalities all their own. So far they have been to Mexico, France and at least 15 states.

Because we leave them in our hotel rooms when we are out, we are sometimes asked by housekeeping, etc. if we brought a child with us, "no" we reply. Needless to say we get some strange looks.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 01:19 PM
Monica

I would LOVE to bring my pillow with me when I travel, but unfortunately there's never enough room in my luggage and I'm afraid my husband would discover how neurotic I really am (but after six years of marriage he probably suspects). I do bring it on cartrips though, with a spare pillowcase 'cause I don't like my pillow to have the car smell.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 02:47 PM
amy

I have dust allergies, and I do take my own pillow on car trips, and a hypoallergenic pillow cover for other trips. Nothing worse than not being able to breathe, really seems to put a damper on my vacations! Once I forgot the cover, and had to sleep with a fat towel between me and the pillow. Call me sneezy.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 06:36 PM
Owen O'Neill

I think bringing a pillow is anything but neuroses for some of us. I never, ever slept well in hotels and frequently woke up tired and with a stiff neck, even in good hotels with comfortable beds. Decided to try bringing my own down pillow and voila! Problem gone... now I never travel without it.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 06:43 PM
abby

GUILTY and 38!!!! My 3 teens think I'm nuts and the hubby knows I am, but I just can't sleep without my teddy tucked under my arm no matter where I am.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 10:20 PM
Need my blankie

I bring my own blanket, fold it lengthwise and sleep with it above and below me. Hotel linens, even at the nicest properties, are just too creepy for me.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 11:14 PM
Utahtea

I always have my own sheets, blanet and pillow. In an RV it's really easy

I was given a Panda Bear with a Christmas sweater in December 1995. I named him Dakota. He goes on all our trips and I buy him hat pins to put on his sweater of all the places he has been.

You can see a picture of Dakota on my web site: (second picture down on the right)
http://pages.ivillage.com/utahtea2/utahteaswebpages/id13.html

Utahtea