How is your corner of the World today?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7th, 2004, 11:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since moving South from the Northeast in January, I have marveled every day at how lovely the weather is. Today while the electricians keep me out of the house I started wondering how the rest of my Fodor-pals are doing on what is a fine sunny warm day in Florida?
For those thinking of visiting or moving to Florida:
I am spending the outdoor time in a hammock, keeping an eye on the sky, birds and occassional cloud ~
Want to share? Where are you, whats the weather and what is there to do in that weather?
Thanks
Old Apr 7th, 2004, 12:07 PM

As I look out my office window, the sky and the ocean are both are both a deep blue. Thre is not a cloud in the sky and the birds are serenading me and lovely, light breeze is blowing. Just a typical day here on Maui.

There is a fabulous north swell today and I do believe it is time to take a break, grab my board and head out to the north shore.
Old Apr 7th, 2004, 12:17 PM

62 degrees and sunny here in Madison, Wisconsin, which is pretty darn good for this time of year. The grass is greened up, some of the trees are budding out, and I see a few sprouts coming out in my garden.
Old Apr 7th, 2004, 12:18 PM

It is a beautiful spring day here in the nation's capital - sunny, 60s, a great day for a walk down to see the Cherry Blossoms, which are past their peak but still very pretty.

Karen
Old Apr 7th, 2004, 12:20 PM

Lucky you - here in NYC it rained this morning but it got to be nice this afternoon - about 60!
Old Apr 7th, 2004, 12:23 PM

Hi Scarlett,

Sunny with high clouds dotting blue skies and 70 degrees right now in south Orange County, CA.
Old Apr 7th, 2004, 12:24 PM

Santa Monica, CA (Ocean Avenue, two blocks from the Pier): Sunny, low 70s, no smog, air sweet with Farmer's Market super-ripe strawberries.... Best of all, it should be like this pretty much every day through October! Not bad at all....!
Old Apr 7th, 2004, 12:56 PM

Tucson,Az. Sunny, near 80 degrees. relaxing poolside
Old Apr 7th, 2004, 01:03 PM

72 and sunny on my back deck here in Chicago's western suburbs. I'm enjoying it while I can -- we've got snow in the forecast!
Old Apr 7th, 2004, 01:04 PM

Partly cloudy, slight breeze and 82 @ 5 p.m. in SW FL about 30 miles inland from Ft. Myers Beach. Have never regretted moving here from SW OH 2 1/2 years ago. Wish we had done it sooner...but then our kids weren't here then.
Old Apr 7th, 2004, 01:09 PM

Hey Scarlett, I'm w/you. Vacationing in your state today, the winds have died down from earlier in the week, and it is a perfect day by and in the pool and lunch on the lanai.I never even knew what a lanai was and certainly never lunched under one til now. I heard it was snowing outside DC or threatening to earlier this week; I had a business call w/friends at home there while on vacation and everyone was moaning about the bad weather, so I am glad to hear from kaudrey that it cleared up.
rjw-- BTW, my best friend and hiking buddy lives at Fraser and the beach. I stayed at her house for a week last summer- divine, love it there.
Old Apr 7th, 2004, 01:20 PM

Miz Scarlett!
Sunny and 75 in Petaluma,CA. To be 81 Thursday. An excellent day for a walk
around the pond at our bird sanctuary-
fun to see all the new fuzzy little
ones paddling along behind mom & dad.
We are in a flyway for Canadian Geese,
many ducks and huge White Swans and spring is always time for a population increase! Later we'll use the new grill to roast a chicken and toast daylight savings with a lucious Merlot.
In between,
I will finish caulking the downstairs bath-all sparkling with it's new hardware and made possible with one of Mr.R5's best presents to me...a Skildriver-I say "Dare to Repair, Ladies!"
You know, Scarlett, our first visit to the Keys was almost a year ago and we drank it up! Would love to spend all but June, July, Aug. and Sept.there-too many "flying teeth"! Yet, I would want to be here in October and November-the vines are glorious in the fall! Then I would like to be in the Cook Islands from Dec 1-Jan 15th... oh, me my too much to ponder while caulking!
Enjoy your evening!
R5
Old Apr 7th, 2004, 01:28 PM

About 60 with cloudy skies in Jackson, TN. Calling for rain tonight. Life is good.
John
Old Apr 7th, 2004, 01:35 PM

Sunny and 71 here in northwest Montana. Showers expected this evening. We need moisture badly to keep wild fires down this summer.
Old Apr 7th, 2004, 01:35 PM

Well hello from Delaware,,, yeah, everyone forgets that we are even a state,,, but it is fantastic here today... about 70, sunny,, first really nice day since last fall.
Old Apr 7th, 2004, 01:37 PM

It's 51 here in Ohio. The sun is out but that doesn't help here. Ugly,ugly,ugly. Why don't I move?
Old Apr 7th, 2004, 01:41 PM

The sun is out in San Jose
Old Apr 7th, 2004, 01:43 PM

Mid 70's here in Savannah. Wishing it would rain to wash away the pollen.

David
Old Apr 7th, 2004, 01:43 PM

Low 50s here in Cleveland, the sun FINALLY came out (the weather guy was way off on that one). It snowed heavily Sunday, so this weather is better than that.

Thankfully, I am headed to St. Pete area (Madeira Beach) on Friday for Spring Break (I'm a teacher).

Sun, sand, and warmth here I come!
Old Apr 7th, 2004, 01:45 PM

Hello from upstate NY near the Adirondacks- home of the worst weather in the US. When it starts to get warm, out come the black flies. Ah yes, I remember those 6 days last year that were tolerable. I'm outta here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -