Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > How is the Quality Inn at 47th and 6th Ave? or can you recommend another?

How is the Quality Inn at 47th and 6th Ave? or can you recommend another?

Aug 25th, 2000, 01:59 PM
marilyn

How is the Quality Inn at 47th and 6th Ave? or can you recommend another?

We are going to New York for some seminars in mid-November, being held at 6th Ave. and 49th. Travel agent suggests the Quality Inn for proximity, but is otherwise clueless. Budget is $200/night. I've only been to New York once before, and usually feel overwhelmed by all the options. Any info on hotel, or other suggestions, appreciated.

Aug 25th, 2000, 02:04 PM
Karen

We have stayed, twice, at Doubletree Guest Suites and felt it fit the bill for us. It is in the Times Square area and we got around the city easily.

Aug 25th, 2000, 09:32 PM
GOL

You can get the Marriott Marquis smack in the middle of Times Square for $200, even $175. Even if it all nights aren't avail at <$200, staying there is worth the out-of-pocket $$. [try multiple methods to bet a <$200 price, as they are available] This type of question on rec.travel.usa-canada usually gets good results.

There are many in walking distance of 6th / 49th.

Aug 26th, 2000, 02:30 PM
elizabeth

We have stayed at the Quality Inn 3 times in the last 8 months (as recently as 3 nights ago) and would highly recommend it. Rates have ranged from $129 (for a suite - in January) to $134 (for a room in August). The location is great; rooms are spotless and the rate includes a decent continental breakfast.

Aug 27th, 2000, 07:21 AM
Cynthia

I personally would avoid the Quality Inn and anything owned by "choice hotels." I continually have bad experiences there. At the one in NY you speak of, I had monies debited from my debit card without my authorization, the treatment was shabby the rooms were deplorable, I had to be moved 2 times and the noise in the hallways were awful. I've stayed at the Marriott Marquis after that and would never go elsewhere. More expensive, but worth it. It's the best, imo. I am not a travel agent or representative of Marriott, btw. I just save more $ and stay where I'm happiest.

Search this Thread