Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

How is swimming/snorkeling at Four Seasons beach?

Sep 29th, 2000, 06:44 AM
Cindy

Can anyone tell me how the beach is at the Four Seasons for swimming? Can you snorkel off the beach by the hotel? Is the beach private to hotel guests or is it public? How large a beach is it?

Sep 29th, 2000, 10:58 AM
XXX

Maui or the Big Island?

Oct 5th, 2000, 05:04 AM
Cindy

The Four Seasons on Maui. Thank you.

Oct 10th, 2000, 09:39 AM
bkubiak

Maui Divers has a booklet that gives some excellent information on snorkel and scuba diving sites all over Maui. Check out their web site "www.mauidiveshop.com". I believe that by law, public access must be available to all beaches in Hawaii.

Oct 11th, 2000, 09:37 AM
Chloe

Cindy,
The beach in front of the our Seasons is very nice for swimming and fairly large (plenty of elbow room). You can snorkel off the beach, although I can't comment on how good the snorkeling is in that spot. I believe all beaches in Hawaii are public.

Oct 11th, 2000, 09:25 PM
Anthony

All beaches in Hawaii are public, as mandated by the state, and hotels that front beaches must provide public access. The beaches in the Wailea area are great for swimming and snorkeling, and all of the beaches in Wailea are connected by a concrete walkway.

Oct 12th, 2000, 07:07 AM
anet

the four seasons wailea's beach is absolutely great for swimming in the morning. it has wonderful sand- and i really enjoyed the waves later on in the day. you can get boogie boards from the beach concierge and enjoy them. my husband tried snorkeling around and he was unable to see anything- so we had to leave the area to see something. we were there the second week of september. nevertheless- the 4 seasons has an incredible beach area- and amenities- well worth the visit and money!